No announcement yet.

"Die Brucke" & "Die Gustloff"--2 New Deutsche Remakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dresden was nominated for a German TV award and my better half works in the realm of that. I had to give a half hour explanation of why a shot down british pilot after aquiring a German Officers uniform in Dresden could not galavant around German military evening parties even if he spoke German. Dresden was really the topper in the vein of Pearl Harbor.
    Iam Uncle Sam
    That’s who Iam
    Been hiding out
    In a rock and roll band

Comment

Die brucke.

Originally posted by jiipee76 View Post
      First Die Brucke movie is good,so i must definetly see this remake of it.
      Watched what I have left on video of "Die Brucke" last week,a very good film considering when it was made,always like the late war kubel that featured in the film with its split windscreen! Anyone know if this film is available on dvd? Watched the Dresden film on the box recently, only one word- diabolical!

Comment

Originally posted by jerry cankubel View Post
        Watched what I have left on video of "Die Brucke" last week,a very good film considering when it was made,always like the late war kubel that featured in the film with its split windscreen! Anyone know if this film is available on dvd? Watched the Dresden film on the box recently, only one word- diabolical!
        I saw "Die Bruecke" in a theater back in the 1960's when it first came out. It's been a favorite of mine ever since. The only unfortunate aspect was the fakey looking mock-ups of U.S. M24 tanks. Look carefully and you can see the wheels of the vehicle supporting the "tank". It came out in DVD in 1998. It may be a little hard to find now at a reasonable price.

My German isn't that good but the German review of the remake seems definitely pretty harsh!

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
          Both movies were based on a real event, but if memory serves, the youths were actually W-SS. Looks like the filmmakers had to stay PC:
          No, they were not Waffen-SS. The writter of the book lived quite close to my hometown.

Comment

Originally posted by PzOffz27 View Post
            I have seen the film yesterday and i think it competes with "Dresden" for the title of the "worst movie" i have ever seen.
            Even the very bad movie "Königstiger at El Alamein" is much better than this sh... remake. They should burn it, or at leat put some warning-stickers on the DVD.

Yes, the best part is the love-story between the teacher and her pupil...

Just to name the worst scenes / features (Both collector-related and for "normal" viewers).

- Gauleiter wearing army shooting lanyard, the lower end fixed on breast-pocket button

- the GIs act like idiots (e.g. doing artictic rolls-forward on the groung - uncovered - between 2 shoots with Tompson-MP). All actors are at least 40 to 45. WHen they are hit (while standing in windows), they tend to fall out of.

- a russian /latvian modern tank serves as US-whatever

- M4 Sherman burns after Panzerfaust hit, but still turns its turret, shots in the basement of a house, and the roof explores

- the WH-buys fire the whole night at a single building with 2 MGs, but there are only less than 30 holes in the wall

- a GI knockes out a sharpshooter at a distance of 200m with a single shot of hi MP, he had aimed for 0.5 seconds. The german sharpshooter was not able to get him before.

- all boxes, tents, trucks, etc are darkgreen and clearly of modern latvian army issue (they shot the film at Latvia).

- the boys (equipped with WWI 98 rifles) hear firings of MP40 - "DId you here this? This is the new MP40, only the Waffen-SS and fieldpolice is using those"...

- last but not least - the bitter story of defending this bridge (the boys gave their lives for nothing) is totally lost. Its just a movie without any statement.

SAVE YOUR MONEY!

Comment

i saw the new dresden movie.......it was OK.......the cgi was pretty bad though............these newer made for tv movies are better than the crap movies made in the 60's"?...........black brigade w/richard pryor for instance.........also, i dont think the 1959 B&W Die Brucke was the best movie ever made............lastly Stonemint mentioned that in the new Die Brucke, the Gendarmerie is wearing an NCO tunic with Hauptmann boards:.......its late war - anything is possible

doug

Comment

They showed scenes from "Die Gustloff" on a National Geographic special last night on the Gustloff. Looked well done. DVD is still not available here in the US.
                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

While visiting a town named "Cham" in Germany, a local told me that the movie "Die Brucke" was filmed there but the bridge was later destroyed so a new one could be built there.
                  Gran Sasso, you might ask your friend, the writer, if that was the name of the town where it was filmed.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X