"Die Brucke" & "Die Gustloff"--2 New Deutsche Remakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Die Brucke" & "Die Gustloff"--2 New Deutsche Remakes

Looks like Deutschland is rediscovering WW2 on film--first Untergang, then NAPOLA, then Dresden, and now 2 made-for-TV remakes that came out this year, the first covering the subject of the Wilhelm Gustloff, "Die Gustloff":
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Uniforms look good:
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Die Brucke was a 1959 B&W anti-war masterpiece about young WH soldiers pointlessly and fanatically holding a bridge at the end of the war. They have remade it with Franka Potente (of the first Bourne movie). Gendarmerie is wearing an NCO tunic with Hauptmann boards:
      Attached Files
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Both movies were based on a real event, but if memory serves, the youths were actually W-SS. Looks like the filmmakers had to stay PC:
        Attached Files
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Have any of our German members seen either of them, and if so, whats the verdict? They don't appear to be on video here in the US yet.
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Franka Potente

Not seen her in to many movies,maybe run lola run?,and bourne identity thats all,but liked Franka Potente for shure.

Comment

Geez, I cannot believe that I am the only one interested in these movies.
              I take it they have only been seen in Germany, given the limited response to this thread. It looks like Gustloff has been issued on DVD, but in German. Don't know about Die Brucke:
              Attached Files
              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Movies

Hi Chris,
                I for one can't wait to see them. I especially can't wait to see the one on the Gustloff, when it comes out on DVD over over here I wil be watching it with my cap tally.

Regards,
                Jody

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                  Looks like Deutschland is rediscovering WW2 on film--first Untergang, then NAPOLA, then Dresden, and now 2 made-for-TV remakes that came out this year, the first covering the subject of the Wilhelm Gustloff, "Die Gustloff":
                  Only "Untergang" is it worth to watch.

"Dresden" is realy atrocious (was discussed here for a while),
                  "Napola" isnt much better,
                  "Die Gustloff" is full of stereotyp charakters and stupid stories ("Dallas" in 1945),
                  "Die Brücke" comes on TV this week, but after i have read the descripiton, i wont watch it - very likely not better than the others new movies.

Comment

First Die Brucke movie is good,so i must definetly see this remake of it.

Comment

I have seen the first "Die Brücke" but haven't seen any of the others.

I am glad they are doing something on the Gustloff, but it seems like it may not be worth the effort to see this movie. A shame.

How bad is the one on Dresden? I will have to find the old thread.
                      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Originally posted by jiipee76 View Post
                        First Die Brucke movie is good,so i must definetly see this remake of it.
                        Don't do it! The critics have rarely been so unified in declaring this "remake" as one of the worst movies of all time. It has as much to do wit the 1958 master piece as a Ferrari with a bicycle. The first half of the movie is about sex, the second part is even worse.

Forget it!
                        B&D PUBLISHING
                        Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich Maerz View Post
                          Don't do it! The critics have rarely been so unified in declaring this "remake" as one of the worst movies of all time. It has as much to do wit the 1958 master piece as a Ferrari with a bicycle. The first half of the movie is about sex, the second part is even worse.

Forget it!
                          I wont loose anything watching it.I have watched various movies,which critics have sent to hell but many of those have been good afterall.

And if first half is about sex,then it sure is worth to watch... hehe

Comment

Originally posted by PzOffz27 View Post
                            Only "Untergang" is it worth to watch.

"Dresden" is realy atrocious (was discussed here for a while),
                            "Napola" isnt much better,
                            "Die Gustloff" is full of stereotyp charakters and stupid stories ("Dallas" in 1945),
                            "Die Brücke" comes on TV this week, but after i have read the descripiton, i wont watch it - very likely not better than the others new movies.

Full agreement, I have seen the Gustloff one on TV and didnt even mention it here on WAF, these are movies made for TV and resemble hausfrau soap operas, do not get excited guys, these are garbage.
                            Iam Uncle Sam
                            That’s who Iam
                            Been hiding out
                            In a rock and roll band

Comment

here an intersting article in a big german news magazin about the remake of "Die Brücke" (german language):

http://www.spiegel.de/kultur/gesells...581092,00.html

i have seen the film yesterday and i think it competes with "Dresden" for the title of the "worst movie" i have ever seen.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X