Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by evilmike View Post
    from the dust jacket

''in this work its origins are traced via the recollections of men inimately involved. how this small band of men became transformed into a nationwide political protection force is fairly well known, but how some of these men were taken and transformed into a fully militarised force has always been obscure. this book covers the combat experiences of waffen ss soldiers on the battle fronts from 1939-1945, infantrymen, artillerymen, tankmen and even more unusual trades of recuiters and interpreter.''

its very good if you look at the majority of pages most of it is the personal accounts linked together to the next account by a few lines of the author. It begins in the 1920s and iam currently up the the d day landings. its certainly worth a read, ive been loaned a copy from a dealer (i must be spending too much money with him!)

ISBN 1 85310 479 5
    Thanks Mike, sounds just like my kinda thing
    You're definitely spending too much money when a dealer lends you a book, you know you're in real financial trouble when he offers to lend you his wife
    Ant.

Comment

although this one doesnt make me cups of tea, mind you he's a good 90 miles away from me only visit him when i visit the better half.

Now my local dealer, even his wife knows my name and makes me Tea...... haha 100% customer service

As for the breakouts and the thrill of the chase..... bravo two zero, your hero and mine mr mcnabb

I have to finish Fighter Boys and then its Stalingrad by Beevor next for me, sitting patiently with two new books both called Wolfpack but by different authors lol

I hope you enjoy it now if you get it!

Comment

Originally posted by Barry G View Post
        " With our Backs to Berlin" by Tony Le Tissier is quite interesting although not totally in Berlin.
        This would be my pick.

Comment

I saw some books which I gonna buy and read.

Especially Fall of Berlin!

thanks

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X