Movie Yamato

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yamato DVD

At it's core, it's a pretty standard war movie but the view from the "other" side makes it quite interesting. I picked up a copy from a big DVD seller on eBay for about $12. Works fine and worth owning.

Comment

Saw it recently. Slow at times and a bit formulaic (think Japanese Pearl Harbor), but redeemed by the action sequences, which I found to be, although mostly CGI, riveting.

Comment

I picked up a copy on Amazon dot com for seven bucks. I watched it twice before I figured out how to turn on the english subtitles. It was actually pretty decent and had an interesting storyline, at least I enjoyed it.
        Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

Originally posted by DerFuhrer View Post
          I know this is an old thread, but I just saw this movie and wanted to give my thoughts. I have never felt good that the Germans and Japanese think badly of their armed forces from ww2. They are taught that the actions of a few should condem the whole. The Germans still are in the self loathing mode, but after watching this movie I believe the Japanese are starting to heal. They did a good job of portraying the average sailor and that he fought with courage and service to his people. Others may not feel the same but I believe it is never good to insult those who gave their lives for what their country asked of them. Even if they lost and the victors wrote their history it is important to remember these were brave sons, fathers, husbands, brothers, and friends.
          This a very gracious statement. I'm not American and many of my countrymen were forced to fight for the Japanese as cannon fodder, but I don't hate the Japanese. In fact, I respect their soldiers who fought bravely for their country. So I'm glad that you as a former enemy of the Japanese are gracious and fair minded enough to feel the way you do about your former enemies. I find that Americans really are a great people due to their ability not only to win wars, but to also feel empathy for their enemies. It's what makes your country great.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X