Movie Yamato

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movie Yamato

IJN Battleship YAMATO...........................

http://www.youtube.com:80/watch?v=l-FaVVtjItg

Does anyone know when the movie will be on dvd or released here is the USA...BILL

So who and why are they making a movie about the Yamato? It was one of the largest battleships ever built but it's story isn't anything as exciting as that of the Bismarck. She was ineffective at the Battle of Leyte Gulf because of the men that commanded her and the fleet of other warships with her. Her sister ship, the Musashi, which was just as big and powerful, was sunk during the Battle of Leyte Gulf. The only other time the Yamato is famous is her suicide cruise to Okinawa, which she never got close. She was mauled by U.S. carrier based aircraft and sunk. I've met two U.S. veteran torpedo bomber pilots, who were each decorated with the Navy Cross for their successful attacks against her, one from VT-10 that put the last torpedo into her. So I don't see the big deal about a movie about the Yamato!!!

Bob

Comment

Hi Bill,

well...to my knowledge it never made it to theatres in the US, and it had a very limited release in Europe.

The film exists on DVD in Sweden,Greece, Hungary and Finland ( the last two were released in March and April 2007)

I have found an Asian release that has English subtitles according to the specs:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...n-70-1l3e.html

Patrick.

Comment

I was wondering why this thing was built, maybe for the film?

http://www.webpark.ru/comments.php?id=22608

Comment

Info>>>>>

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search

Comment

Yamato

The documentary film was shown on P.B.S channel 12 in Philadelphia two weeks ago.
            Doug

Comment

Originally posted by Bobwirtz View Post
              So who and why are they making a movie about the Yamato? It was one of the largest battleships ever built but it's story isn't anything as exciting as that of the Bismarck. She was ineffective at the Battle of Leyte Gulf because of the men that commanded her and the fleet of other warships with her. Her sister ship, the Musashi, which was just as big and powerful, was sunk during the Battle of Leyte Gulf. The only other time the Yamato is famous is her suicide cruise to Okinawa, which she never got close. She was mauled by U.S. carrier based aircraft and sunk. I've met two U.S. veteran torpedo bomber pilots, who were each decorated with the Navy Cross for their successful attacks against her, one from VT-10 that put the last torpedo into her. So I don't see the big deal about a movie about the Yamato!!!

Bob
              Jeez, what a narrow minded point of view this is. We should be applauding that the Japanese made this movie, here's a nation that officially denies much of its wartime past and you're condemning them for acknowledging what is ultimately a tragic tale of useless self sacrifice. Crazy.
              Last edited by TMurray; 04-26-2007, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Yamoto

Belle & Blade was playing the movie at the Valley Forge Toy Soldier and Miniature show and the movie looked good. They were sold out.

Doug

Comment

looks good but the Video Game music has got to go.

if you're like me and of the age of video game players now and back in the day, you will recognize that sound track as the exact style and make of japanese video games. So it's very distracting. If the movie is sounded like the trailer, then I won't be able to enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by TMurray View Post
                    Jeez, what a narrow minded point of view this is. We should be applauding that the Japanese made this movie, here's a nation that officially denies much of its wartime past and you're condemning them for acknowledging what is ultimately a tragic tale of useless self sacrifice. Crazy.
                    Mind your own point of view!

Bob

Comment

I have actually seen this movie
                      It has a lot of nice footage and it tells the story well. But during the movie I had a few crises where I almost fell asleep but mainly because there are sceens with a lot of talk but I think it will help and make more sense if you know the Japanese culture which I donĀ“t.

When all come to all it is a nice movie with a lot of great effects which made me think of the movie Pearl Harbour. Not the story but the effects only

Cheers
                      Lassi

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUl1m...elated&search=

This one is good!

Comment

btt

I know this is an old thread, but I just saw this movie and wanted to give my thoughts. I have never felt good that the Germans and Japanese think badly of their armed forces from ww2. They are taught that the actions of a few should condem the whole. The Germans still are in the self loathing mode, but after watching this movie I believe the Japanese are starting to heal. They did a good job of portraying the average sailor and that he fought with courage and service to his people. Others may not feel the same but I believe it is never good to insult those who gave their lives for what their country asked of them. Even if they lost and the victors wrote their history it is important to remember these were brave sons, fathers, husbands, brothers, and friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobwirtz View Post

Bob
                            Yes, you are absolutely correct on this. What a failure. Yamato could have done some serious damage at Leyte but ran away, only to have been sunk in a wasted suicide mission.

-Eric

Comment

seen it
                              With english subs , Otoko tachi no , i think it was on pirate bay

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X