me 109 Vs spit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found!

Here is a link that someone is talking about what you want.
    http://groups.google.com/group/soc.h...deeb039c586d02
    It is on the history channel I believe. It was called militaries greatest clashes, or something like that. I will let you read the post.
    Mike

Comment

Originally posted by k9mike
      Here is a link that someone is talking about what you want.
      http://groups.google.com/group/soc.h...deeb039c586d02
      It is on the history channel I believe. It was called militaries greatest clashes, or something like that. I will let you read the post.
      Mike

Hi!
      thanks for your mail. maybe we'll be success in that found.
      thanks, frank

Comment

Hallo!

Nothing news??

Cheers!

Comment

It may be in the series of "Dogfights" but I dont remember. I have the entire series here, I will check. I think that the Spits turn radius was was tighter without bleeding off speed in comparison to the bf109E and 109F series. Not sure about the bf109G. The Bf would rarely engage a spit in a turn fight, it was almost always boom and zoom tactics (vertical turn fighting).

Comment

I think I remember the program you're on about, it was very good. It had a pilot from the BoB flight talking about what it's like to fly the spit and then comparing it to the cockpit of the B109, although I don't think he ever flew it. I seem to recal him saying "if I had to go to war in one of these fighters, I'd choose the Spitfire" because of the cramped cockpit of the BF109 and the crap view out the heavily framed canopy. I also remember him saying that the Spit Mk. 1a which would have been the one used during the Battle of Britain as has having a hand operated landing gear lever which meant you had to change hands after take off and "pump" the landing gear up resulting in it kangaroo-ing in flight!
            I don't know about you guys but I wish more docs were like this. By that I mean, get straight into the details about the AC and take it for granted that your audience knows something about the subject already. It drives me mad when I tune into a program about the FW190 for instance and then for the first half an hour they go on about how the Nazi's came to power or the history of flight before they ever start talking about what you want to know.

Comment

@Suber: I don't remember well, but I think that the title was another! Thanks for your post, and many compliments to your 'wife'! That I wish too!

@BenVK. Thanks to you too... Yes, I think that we talking about the same video. Seems to me to remember about the BoB vet talking about the comparation between the two fighters... I agreed for you, about the video. Too much often less than the 50% tell about the theme.. the other time is for the history, political situation.. and so on...

If there's a WAF member with the video we're talking about, please, let me know something! Thanks!

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Suber View Post
                It may be in the series of "Dogfights" ...
                that's exactly what I was thinking, too

- Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X