Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

me 109 Vs spit

Hi there!
    Does anybody knows about a documentary, made by discovery channel, about Messerschmitt and spitfire? I remember that some technicians (everyone expert in some branch: weapons, airframe, engine...etc...) compared the two airplane.

I'm looking for that desperately!!!!!!
    any thought?

cheers, frank

Any thought?

Comment

Yes, I remember watching it. It was fairly well done with well-known WWII pilots of both types providing commentary and analysis (I don't recall who the pilots were). In addition, current experienced pilots flew both types and rated them objectivly and subjectivly. At the conclusion, I think the Spit came out on top.

Scott

Comment

???

hi,
        thanks, herc.
        you know anybody that can have had record that doc.?
        Should be great found only the title, and the production had made. I think that was shoot by the BBC (or something else) for discovery channel or history channel...

please, forum fellows...HELP ME!

Comment

Comment

anybody that work at the bbc?

Comment

hi!
              any help?

Comment

h
                Last edited by Matt Starr; 07-24-2007, 02:36 AM.

Comment

Hi Frank, I know the documentary that you are asking about. I have watched it too and it was very good. But I cannot recall the title. I did a search and could not find it either

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Hi Frank,
                    Yes i remember watching it also, but cannot recall who produced it....sorry

I do remember the contempary pilot being very suprised at how claustrophobic and small the 109 was, his shoulders were touching the sides of the cockpit and his head was against the canopy...!!!!

Both were great planes though - without doubt........

Steve.

Comment

h
                      Last edited by Matt Starr; 07-24-2007, 02:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Starr
                        Frank,
                        You could be talking about 'Planes trains and Automobiles' by Robbie Coltrane. It featured the 109 G-2 black six and has footage of my father in it
                        Matt
                        hi,
                        I think that is not the film you talk about. The special I mean was a technical comparation between the two famous fighter.
                        You have try to fit a 109???? you're really a lucky boy! If there's the chance to do it again, please, let me know, and I came to meet you and, closely, the 109!!
                        thanks for your reply.
                        cheers, frank

Comment

Originally posted by stevezz1
                          Hi Frank,
                          Yes i remember watching it also, but cannot recall who produced it....sorry

I do remember the contempary pilot being very suprised at how claustrophobic and small the 109 was, his shoulders were touching the sides of the cockpit and his head was against the canopy...!!!!

Both were great planes though - without doubt........

Steve.

Sure, two great planes... when I was child was two of my dreams!
                          If you found something, about the title, production or something else, please, let me know.
                          thanks, frank

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson
                            Hi Frank, I know the documentary that you are asking about. I have watched it too and it was very good. But I cannot recall the title. I did a search and could not find it either

Cheers, Ade.

thanks, ade. We'll keep founding! the first that know something, tell to the other!
                            ciao, frank

Comment

I know also the show you are talking about. They also did a comparison of the tiger vs sherman. It was not a documentary but an actual show that would come on from time to time. I also, can not remember the real name of the show. It was very good. I like the part where they show the effects of the guns of both types on A/C sheet metal. Man, that 20mm knocked some major holes in that simulated wing...lol.
                              Regards,
                              Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X