No announcement yet.

The film "Come and See" re-released on DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At last released on DVD somebody swiped my VHS copy about 5 years ago so I can watch it again. Its one of those "you either love it or hate it it films" At least its not a "Hollywood" film, but I guess even they wouldn't be able to get an all American hero somewhere on the Russian front!!!

cheers, Rik

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson
      I obtained a copy yesterday courtesy of Gary I have yet to watch it, but I will add my thoughts once I have done so.

Cheers, Ade.
      Ade,
      good to meet you at last :-), this film is a strange one and you will either love it or hate it, I also first saw it on channel 4 many many years ago.

a lot of people cannot get there head around the subtitles, which mean they would miss out on some very good media, like the "winter war", the original "stalingrad", "Die BrΓΌcke", "the star of africa", punishment battalion 999 although some of these do have a dubbed option,
      cheers
      Gary

Comment

Hi Guys, I have now watched the film. It is indeed a little strange at times? Not quite what I was expecting to be honest. I think it is one I will have to watch again. The story itself was, I am sure, pretty true to life.

The German uniforms varied from good to very poor. The Soviet partizans did look the part.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X