Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The film "Come and See" re-released on DVD

Friends,

Don't know if you are aware but the film "Come and See" is being released on Region 2 DVD in the UK on 24/04/2006.

Cheers

Ian

Hi Ian, thanks for that I have not yet seen this film, but I have heard very good reviews about it here and also from friends here in the UK who have seen it.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Hi Ade,

I haven't see it yet either! I only heard about the film on channel 4' 100 greatest war films a while back

If you have a look for the film on play.com they have the trailer.

Cheers

Ian

Comment

I have the film in VHS format and tranfered it to disc. It' a rather long and drawn out "boring" story of a young Russian boy. The most action is toward the end. About the last 15 mins. From what I understand the uniforms are true to life on the SS.

Comment

'Come and See' is truly fantastic movie complete with original equipment and uniforms, live ammunition, and a dying cow.
          It's a bit disturbing, of course, so don't expect to impress your wife/girlfriend with it.

Comment

I have had the film on dvd for some time now thanks to a friend , region free PAL,any one who want a copy let me know as my friend has quite a stack of war media
            cheers
            Gary

Comment

The girl was quite fit which was just as well or I'd have had to have consigned those hours to the temporal wastepaper basket.
              At Rathau on the Aller, the CO of 5th Royal Tanks advanced on foot to take a cautious look into the town before his tanks moved in. He encountered one of his own officers, a huge Welshman named John Gwilliam who later captained his country's rugby team, 'carrying a small German soldier by the scruff of his neck, not unlike a cat with a mouse.' The Colonel said: 'Why not shoot him?' Gwilliam replied in his mighty Welsh voice: 'Oh no, sir. Much too small.'

Comment

is the that weird one with the ever present plane overhead and the red headed boy?.

Comment

i seen this film on C4 in the uk about 10 yrs ago.i got this film off ebay,very nasty stuff,but i think it has had some of the nastyer stuff cut out
                  Attached Files

Comment

film

hey there simon ,wasnt it nasty enough for you, i have it and i found it good but nasty

Comment

Hi Gary,

How much does your friend want for a copy?

Originally posted by Gary Wood
                      I have had the film on dvd for some time now thanks to a friend , region free PAL,any one who want a copy let me know as my friend has quite a stack of war media
                      cheers
                      Gary

Comment

I have now watched this film and too be honest I don't know what to think of it, what people have commented on in this thread are all there! (ever present plane, dying cow, strange boy)

Maybe I need to watch it again this time with subtitles rather than the atrocious dubing

As if the film wasn't strange enough, the dvd extras includes partisan footage of the hanging of a young german soldier!

Cheers

Ian

Comment

I obtained a copy yesterday courtesy of Gary I have yet to watch it, but I will add my thoughts once I have done so.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

I remember seeing this film a few years ago when it was first shown on our (UK) 'Channel 4' not long after it was released.

It scared the s**t out of me.

I obtained a copy on DVD (English subtitles) last year and it still really moves me when I watch it.

One of my all time favourites.

Allan
                            Looking for information on RKT KARL HUBER
                            Stoßtruppführer AufKlAbt 20 (mot.)

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it'

Comment

Very powerful and interesting film and like nothing I've ever seen before.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X