Bender Publishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael Miller View Post
    Leave it to John P. Moore to post such a sentiment...
    agreed.
    Maybe for the magazine he had (as this was his personal favorite hobby), but not for books.
    The late planned and sceduled books were printed in China. This anyway was in the lay-out for the planned volume 6 for the headgear-series.

Comment

When the unaccomplished criticize the business model of the accomplished.

Roger Bender will always be a legend. He was a living one, now he is a deceased one.

His critics will be rightly forgotten.

Comment

Amen! Ed Johnson

Comment

Maybe you don’t know my publishing company, so I take the liberty to introduce it. I printed the last five books in Canada and before three in the USA, balance was China. My magazine, the International Militaria Collector, is printed in the USA since its beginnings 9 years ago.
          I am very proud that Roger sold my books via his company and I will not forget the positive review he gave me for both, books and magazine.
          B&D PUBLISHING
          Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

And anyone who thinks doing this work is easy has no clue.............

Comment

"It would be nice if Military Advisor continues on. There is really no other magazine like it."

AMEN to that, BrianK!

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
                "It would be nice if Military Advisor continues on. There is really no other magazine like it."
                AMEN to that, BrianK! Br. James
                Not quite right. You should check out The International Militaria Collector. It is in print since nine years which is a sign nof not being too shabby!
                https://bdpublish.com/epages/4d7f657...ector_Magazine

Dietrich
                Attached Files
                B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Absolutely NO OFFENSE INTENDED, Dietrich, and indeed I am a subscriber to "International Military Collector." But I have been a subscriber to "Military Advisor" for DECADES and have enjoyed correspondence with Roger Bender for all of that time, together with a number of authors who wrote for that fine publication. I count him as a personal friend and I will greatly miss his countless contributions to our hobby. I have books from Bender Publishing on my library shelves dating back to the mid-1960s, when I bought them new.

With thanks for your fine work,

Br. James

Comment

No offense taken. I also have a lot of Bender books, he was friend and mentor. As you know, he sold my books on his site, something he would not do with a lot of other books. I also was a subscriber to his magazine, and so was Roger with mine. No two magazines are the same, I just was wanted to point pout that there might be something similar to interested collectors.
                    B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

About magazines in France I do not know, but there are some in Germany,
                      as for example "Internationales Militaria-Magazin" from VDM (Heinz Nickel)
                      and "Militaria & Phaleristik" from Sascha Weber.
                      Further "Orden und Ehrenzeichen", the magazine from the BDOS.

Comment

In The Service Of The Reich: Diplomatic & Government Officials/German Red Cross by John R. Angolia, and Germany's Combat Helmets 1933-1945 A Modern Study by Ken Niewiarowicz. As a side note, I once spoke to Mr. Bender by phone. I was searching for a long out of print book published by him about the History of the Allegemeine SS. Although he didn't have any copies available, he was as kind and down to earth as he could be.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X