Bender Publishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bender Publishing

People ask me with regularity if it still is possible to order books and/or the magazine "Military Advisor" from Bender Publishing.
    I really do not know IF this is possible as when one mails them, there is no answer. Silence and even Roger's assistant Carl
    is not taken the "lead" and properly answers mails too him.

Does somebody know what is going on. Is the publishing still in business or is it all over??? Is there somebody who has some
    information. It was told some were intending to combine their efforts and continue, but that was months ago. What came out of this?

yes i would like to find out if the Gauleiter book (vol 3) is still coming

Comment

Originally posted by TxGauleiter View Post
      yes i would like to find out if the Gauleiter book (vol 3) is still coming
      please let us know, if they are answering?

Comment

I am at the moment completely in the dark on this (and many other things- I've barely left my apartment in the past 37 or 38 days). Carl asked that I be patient some time ago. I waited a while, then wrote to him again. Nothing in reply, and then COVID-19 hit, plunging everything into even greater uncertainty.

Regarding "Gauleiter 3": Roger formatted all the text- 388 pages- in less than one month (a monumental achievement- I was in awe), then asked if I could trim the fat somewhat, and a week later, he was gone. I do not anticipate that if ever completed it will be as a Bender publication. It almost certainly will not. And that means that I would need to re-release Vols. 1 and 2 (plus 3 and 4) with a new publisher. That would have the benefit of allowing me to clean up the old manuscripts, making corrections and adding a TON of new material (information and photos) that have come to me since the original releases of 1 and 2 (in 2012 and 2017, respectively). But that will take time. I've been working on it since shortly after Roger's death, though.

Sincerest best wishes to all,
        ~ Mike
        Last edited by Michael Miller; 09-15-2023, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Miller View Post
          Carl asked that I be patient some time ago. I waited a while, then wrote to him again. Nothing in reply, Mike
          The same with me. Carl said he would inform me. But after some mails too him, a reply never came in two months or so!
          February 8 was the last I heard of him: The family is still sorting things out. It may be a few weeks before we can return to business.

He did not answer either the mails from Mike from Florida, who assisted Roger since a while as things went slow with Carl.
          Last edited by wilhelm Saris; 04-28-2020, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Oh, the high cost of being published by the best.

Although I have no profit to show for it, he did so much to turn my humble manuscripts into works of art. A great craftsman.

If I wanted only to make money as a writer, I'd have chosen ANY GENRE other than military/political biographical reference.

~ Mike

Comment

he did so much to turn my humble manuscripts into works of art. A great craftsman. Mike
              Who. Roger or Carl?
              I, personally do not care for money. The books I write for others, to know how it was and went!
              Roger was for me the guy who made my writings into a book.

Comment

Off the radar

I too have emailed Carl several times and have not received any answers. Carl was so gung-ho after the funeral to keep things moving but sadly nothing is happening.

I was informed by others who were close to Roger that the magazine is dead and that unpublished manuscripts for books and magazine articles would be collected and returned to the authors. Then COVID hit and nothing has been happening.

Roger made very little money off his business and still had a warehouse full of unsold books and back issues of the magazine when he suddenly passed.

Comment

Originally posted by wilhelm Saris View Post
                  Who. Roger or Carl?
                  I, personally do not care for money. The books I write for others, to know how it was and went!
                  Roger was for me the guy who made my writings into a book.
                  Oh-- Roger. Absolutely Roger.

I began as a reader of his works, when I was 11-years-old. And the 20 years I spent in direct collaboration with him was of much greater value to me than a royalty check of any amount.

Comment

Oh-- Roger. Absolutely Roger.
                    Of course, Roger was the man. It was always great to have contact with him.

That some books were delayed or took so,long, we must blame Carl for that. How many times Roger mailed me about the development and constant absence of Carl.
                    I had not expected the business would have continued and the magazine has its end!

Comment

Unfortunately, Bender chose to have his publications printed in CHINA. Hopefully, other publishers will avoid using the services of CHINA in the future.

Comment

Mmmm

Well let's avoid China, America, and all the other bigots in the world.

Long live free will, free choice, and sensible, rational behaviour.

Or, let's all arm ourselves and shoot everyone we disagree with.

Yeah.

Comment

Hi,

a few weeks before Roger passed away, i heard that he found a better deal with a printing company in CA, at least for the "Military Advisor".

See You

Vince

Comment

It would be nice if Military Advisor continues on. There is really no other magazine like it.

Comment

Originally posted by John P. Moore View Post
                              Unfortunately, Bender chose to have his publications printed in CHINA. Hopefully, other publishers will avoid using the services of CHINA in the future.
                              Leave it to John P. Moore to post such a sentiment...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X