X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Sympathies

Andy

Comment

Just found out about Bernie's passing. I knew that he was ill and battling hard but did not realize how dire things were. A true gentleman and a real passionate promoter of the hobby is now gone and very sadly missed.

I met Bernie when I was posted to Ottawa at 412 Squadron back in 1983. At that time we both collected German daggers and lived literally minutes apart.

As has been stated in previous postings, his untimely passing grieves us all and we are the lesser for it.

Comment

I met Bernie over the internet with our mutual interest with German daggers. I found him to be a great collector and very helpful to anyone. To this day, I still use Bernie's book 'The Key', for number identification of SS officer daggers. They don't come any more of a straight shooter than Bernie was.

Condolences to his family.

Serge

Comment

Very Sad to hear

I am very sad to hear of Bernie's passing. I knew also that he had been battling Cancer for a very long time. I had met him at a few collectors functions and he was a stand up guy for the hobby and had a great passion for it like most of us share. We have lost a pioneer in the online information that has brought this hobby internationally together and it is guys like Bernie that we can thank for the way we share information and stand stronger today than we ever have.

Rest Peacefully Bernie
          Steve Mezey

Comment

Rest in peace.
            An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Comment

Very unfortunate news to hear....another one of the good guys gone.

Comment

Bernie, here's a tribute you would have enjoyed driving your car..cheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhRM8...=RDbhRM868Oi2Q

Comment

R.i.p.
                  Iam Uncle Sam
                  That’s who Iam
                  Been hiding out
                  In a rock and roll band

Comment

Terrible news, I´m very sad to read this. May you rest in peace my friend.

Comment

Very sad to hear when we lose a valued member.

I did one deal with Bernie. He was very pleasant in communications and easy to work with. My condolences to his his immediate family and WAF friends alike.

Comment

My condolences to Bernie's family. Bernie will be missed.
                        Erich
                        Festina lente!

Comment

Just saw this, what a bummer. My prayers go out to his family. RIP Bernie.
                          Jeff
                          Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

I've only known Bernie through correspondences for SS officers research starting back from GDC days. I'm terribly sad to hear his passing. May he rest in peace. You'll be missed Bernie.

Jay

Comment

I was not really his friend but I always found his posts interesting and helpful. further, his general mien was that of a gentleman-something not always found here and endangered to say the least.
                              However, I did communicate with him at times on items and now proudly own a university press academic book on the SS with his bookplate in it as I bought it from him right out of his personal library.
                              We have lost a gentleman.

Comment

RIP Bernie, another loss of mentor.
                                Last edited by Robert H; 08-11-2015, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X