Bernie Brule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bernie Brule

Name of WAF collector, membership level and known as on the WAF: Bernie Brule. Bernie joined the forum 14 May 2002. He passed away over the 4th of July weekend 2015. Prior to retiring he was a computer professional.

WAF user account background:
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ber.php?u=1274

Collecting interests: Bernie's collecting interests was Third Reich daggers and Iron Crosses along with assisting friends and fellow collectors. Of interest, Bernie also had an interesting article outside militaria collecting that you all should check out.
    http://www.hotrodhotline.com/bernie-...ymouth-440-gtx

Articles, books published or other achievements: author of a guide to the SS-Dienstalterlisten, The Key.
    http://wehrmacht-awards.com/Forums/s....php?p=6252166 - Read posts 11 through 15.

Comments from fellow WAF forum membership (sampling from thread): MOD note: if a thread is started on another part of the forum please let me know so I can add a link to this thread, thanks.
    Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did. Quote - Sophie Scholl - White Rose resistance group

What a shame.
    While I never met Bernie personally, we shared a common interest and we
    had exchanged several PMs over the years.

I know that he was really sick for a long time but was unaware that it was this bad.
    I for one will miss him.

Rest in Peace, Bernie.

Comment

Very sorry to hear of Bernie's passing. a real gentleman, and collector.

Comment

Bernie was a member on GHW and WRF as well. A link to some pictures he posted of him and his beloved GTX in the "Let's see some faces" thread on GHW. RIP Bernie Brule, my condolences to his family and loved ones.

http://www.walhalla.se/topic/48298-t...or-of-the-key/

Also posted on WRF

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/gold-m...-brule-565510/

Comment

Bernie and I met in 1989 through our mutual hobby and collecting interests. We remained best friends ever since that time. He was a true gentleman and helpful to those interested in the hobby. He will be missed.

Comment

RIP Bernie.

Always very helpful to fellow collectors.

Comment

Bernie Bruhl

Hello,
              What a great tragedy. I knew Bernie Brule and bought several items from him over the years.

RIP my friend.

Regards,
              Jody
              Last edited by Jody; 07-09-2015, 02:31 AM.

Comment

Bernie was a very good friend, he's the person that got me into the hobby 15 years ago, also went to my first Max show with him in 2004.

I will dearly be missed.

God bless.

Comment

will be sadly missed.
                  He was an ambassador for the hobby and always willing to assist.
                  www.lakesidetrader.com

sigpic

Comment

Being a computer professional, Bernie was one of the first to have a website in which he displayed his collection. If you were surfing the net back in the 90's looking for information about German daggers, you would invariably find his site.

My favorite piece of his was a partial ground Röhm SS dagger with serial number. He was able to identify the SS officer to who it belong, find out he was still alive and find his address. He wrote to him and the SS officer replied, providing information on when and how his dagger was taken away from him. Bernie wrote a chapter about this dagger in one of Tom Johnson's "Collecting the Edged Weapons of the Third Reich" series. I don't remember in which volume however.

Stéphane

Comment

Very sad news for the community. Bernie's work on the Key was groundbreaking and must have helped so many collectors at one point, myself included. Only met him once but had various e mail correspondence , rest in peace Bernie.

Comment

Had many great correspondences with Bernie, we shared a love of collecting and cars. Sad to see a such good guy pass on. The hobby is a lesser place today with his loss.

Comment

Bernie Brule

My condolences to his family. We met in 1993. He was a gentle easy going person. He invited to his home on a couple of occasions and enjoyed comparing notes. He will be missed.
                          Last edited by John-M; 07-09-2015, 08:23 PM.

Comment

I never met or knew Bernie but I know he loved his mounted EK2s. I will always remember a thread he posted about his battle with cancer. It made me realize we have to enjoy our life at every chance we get.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=475714

R.I.P. Bernie.

Regards,
                            AB.
                            In memory of my Uncle,
                            Schtz.Grenadier KARL HOFBAUER,
                            2 Kompanie, Inf-Bat, 550.
                            Killed in action, Krasnoje, Minsk, 7. Nov. 1942.

Comment

Yes the creator of the Bernie fondle. When the conversations were about viva vs. tee-shirts . Rest in peace.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X