No announcement yet.

Rick Lundstrom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very sad news indeed. Rick was a true gent.

Comment

An irreplaceable loss in our community and to his family of course.

Requiescat in Pace.

Enzo Calabresi (Elmar Lang)

Comment

Rest in Peace!
        The World Needs Peace

Interesting photo archive: http://www.lostbulgaria.com

Comment

Yes......

......a sad time indeed. He was a great guy to have fun with in Die Kneipe in the early days. RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Simcox View Post
            ......a sad time indeed. He was a great guy to have fun with in Die Kneipe in the early days. RIP

Yes, the good old days of the DK when we could have political discussions. That's where Rick and I would have our differences, with me taking the bleeding heart liberal side and him taking the far right side and agreeing to disagree.
            Last edited by John F.; 09-27-2013, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Hi John......

......my thoughts almost exactly! Even with our political differences we managed to find common ground.

Comment

A true shame that such a great man has left us i hope he finds eternal peace in Valhalla

Comment

A terrible loss for the militaria world and his family. He will be missed!

Comment

Stunned to hear of this sad news. Rick was incredibly helpful to me over the years and was often the first to answer what may have seemed banal questions in my early days of collecting. He helped to shape my way of thinking about imperial medal and ribbon bars. He also shared his huge breadth of knowledge with good spirit and humour.

Comment

Family and friends have established the Rick "Research" Lundstrom Memorial Fund.

The purpose of this fund is to assist the family in defraying the expenses of Rick's final arrangements and to assist in caring for his mother in the future.

If you are in the USA, you may mail checks and/or money orders payable to

Rick "Research" Lundstrom Memorial Fund

C/O

Webster Five Bank
                      343 Main Street
                      Oxford, MA 01540 USA
                      pseudo-expert

Comment

I would encourage all members to chip in what you can. Rick Lundstrom provided help to many and this was done for the joy of collecting. The joy of giving should not be treated less seriously.

Please, let us help out the family of a fellow collector and one whose selflessness saved many substantial research fees.

Bob Hritz
                        In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

I am very saddened by this news. As others have said, Rick was a true gentleman who freely gave his knowledge and his passing is a huge below to the collecting community.

Rest in peace my friend.

Mark

Comment

I am so sorry. He was a true gentleman and a gifted researcher. He was willing to share his knowledge. What a lost for his family and to military research

Juan

Comment

I am stunned and deeply saddened. Rick was a tremendous source of knowledge and a heck of a lot of fun!
                              Will miss you, Rick.
                              Visit my Badge Collection: http://lbmilitaria.homestead.com/home.html

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X