Rick Lundstrom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rick Lundstrom

Name of WAF collector, membership level and known as on the WAF: Rick Lundstrom. Rick joined the forum 19 Febrary 2001 and was a member of the forum for a number of years. Rick passed away on 18 September 2013. On this forum he was known as Rick Research. He was a collector who very much was into history and wanting know everything related to the period items he studied and researched. Bottom-line, Rick knew his subject area and will be greatly missed and a huge loss throughout the collector community.

WAF user account background:
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/member.php?u=292

Collecting interests: Imperial along with other European and Russian history

Articles, books published or other achievements: Gifted writer on many forums; his willingness to assist fellow collectors

Comments from fellow WAF forum membership (sampling from thread):
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...04#post6061304
    Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did. Quote - Sophie Scholl - White Rose resistance group

Ricks unparalleled level of knowledge and skill in researching the most obscure career histories will be missed by the entire collecting community.
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

His generosity and willingness to help out a fellow collector will be sorely missed.
      pseudo-expert

Comment

When I saw the post all I could think was "Noooo..This can't be true.........". In so many ways, such a great loss.

I would have truly enjoyed meeting him in person.

RIP Rick

Sincerely
        Larry

Comment

I am shocked and greatly saddened by the news. I honestly don't know what to say. We emailed and talked back and forth many times. Rick was one of the most interesting and kind people I've ever talked to. He is going to be missed by all of us. Please, pass my condolences on to his family.

Sincerely
          Steven

Comment

The "Dungeon" will never be the same.

Comment

Godspeed my friend. Thank you for everything. I will miss you.
              My condolences to your family.

Tony
              An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Comment

Rick's passing leaves a huge void in the field of Imperial scholarship. He was a gentleman and was always willing to put forth his time in the pursuit of knowledge. He will be missed by myself and many here.

Comment

Gone, but not forgotten. Rick will live on through the many threads and contributions captured in WAF history. Tragic and premature ending to a life.
                  RIP Rick and strength to his family at this difficult time.

Comment

Test. Moderator of this forum Ralph is aware of this post.

Comment

Rick was a gentleman and a scholar, in the truest sense of the word. He will be missed and a great loss will be felt by all who knew him.

Bob Hritz
                      In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

That is horrible news. I dealt with him on GMIC several years ago and suffice to say the breadth of his knowledge was mindblowing. Very sad news and a great loss to this hobby.

R.I.P.

Comment

Not just a loss for the collector community for his knowledge and his ability to research even the most obscure data, but a loss for the world in general of a kind, giving and genuine person. He put his heart and soul into helping those of us learn about the objects we collect. I gained a wealth of knowledge from him about many of the Imperial, as well as 3rd Reich objects in my collection. RIP my friend, until we meet again.
                          Richard V

Comment

Rick helped me with my NSDAP ribbon bar over on GMIC. He didn't know me but went out of his way to give advice. A measure of the man.

To lose someone this way is such a shock. Going about your own business then gone in an instant. Sometimes life is just not fair.

Gone to a greater place now.
                            R.I.P.

Regards,
                            AB.
                            In memory of my Uncle,
                            Schtz.Grenadier KARL HOFBAUER,
                            2 Kompanie, Inf-Bat, 550.
                            Killed in action, Krasnoje, Minsk, 7. Nov. 1942.

Comment

Rick and I didn't always agree on a few subjects, topics and issues but I always respected his position and opinion. Rick was a walking encyclopedia when it came to imperial orders as well as other collecting fields and his knowledge and expertise will not easily be replaced.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X