No announcement yet.

Bill Stump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is bill (the non John Peppera photos) several years before he died. He lost a lot of weight before his death, and is missed by all who knew him.

Comment

Knowledgeable person indeed
      Attached Files

Comment

I never knew Bill, couse I started this hobby recently and never had the time to get in touch with him; but I've seen really good photos of impresives WWII german relics! A true collector.

Comment

I met Bill through an ebay sale in early 2001 (he was listing a badge for someone else). I won a 25 GB tank badge and when I got it in the mail I thought it was bad and was going to return it. Until he read me the riot act about it was text book and I was “wet as a noodle” if I thought it was bad but send it back he had someone else that would take it.

I thought the name was familiar and that night I went thru my Angolia F&F book and saw his name beside some high end items. I apologized the next day and told him I did not expect to meet a collector of his level in a random ebay encounter and he said that was fine and he turned me on to this forum. He said to get on WAF and start learning, it has been the best education on the subject I could hope for.

RIP Mr. Stump

Alan
          (and I still have the badge)
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by chen View Post
            Another picture of this collector, I believe.
            As mentioned earlier, post #9 is of a well-known and respected collector from Ohio named John Perpara. Sadly, I must report that he passed away very recently. RIP John and Bill....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X