Bill Stump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill Stump

Name of WAF collector, membership level and known as on the WAF: Bill Stump, Lifetime Member and was also known as W.C. Stump on this forum. He had been a member of the WAF since 06 April 2001. He passed away on 26 August 2004.

WAF user account background:
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/member.php?u=440

Known background of collector:

Collecting interests: Orders, badges, medals and decorations of the Third Reich

Articles, books published or other achievements:

Comments from fellow WAF forum membership (sampling from thread):
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=306284

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=142339

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=64190
    Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did. Quote - Sophie Scholl - White Rose resistance group

I never met Bill in person. But as a newbie collector and member of this
    forum, I had several conversations with him via PM. He always seemed
    willing to answer my question and give me advice. He was a credit to
    this forum and to our hobby. Thank you Bill.

Comment

I can only echo that. Bill, by all accounts an advanced collector, always had time to help his fellow collectors regardless of their status in the hobby. If you were willing to listen he was more than happy to talk.
      pseudo-expert

Comment

RIP Bill......

......I had the pleasure of speaking with W.C. one night by telephone. We spoke for nearly an hour. He was a great guy IMO, and strived heartily to share his wealth of information here on the Forum.

Comment

I spoke to Bill at length a number of times-mostly regarding legal issues. He was a man of contrasts-a long time collector, knowelgable, who was deep down-a very sad man. He had lived through some real tragedies.
          He seemed to court controversy and had a bit of an ego. He loved edged weapons and had collected TR since the early 1950s.
          Some collectors liked him and others despised him.
          I still have no clue what happened between 2002-2004 but I do know that some of the older imperial/OMSA collectors loathed him.
          I suspect he did not mind going on. One of the last things he said to me was that he hoped he'd see his son again.

Comment

I met Bill at the last SOS he attended and he authenticated some kriegsmarine badges for me. He took the time to go over these thoroughly as I told him I was new to badge collecting . His knowledge about badges was a revelation to me.
            Jim

Comment

Trip to Germany with Bill

When I moved to Kentucky I met Bill. We became good friends. In the early 70's Bill, Darrell Raney and myself had a great trip to Germany. We visited all the "Old TR Haunts" in Munich & Berlin. We picked a lot of great stuff on that trip ! I Miss him very much.

Comment

I enjoy reading his comments especially the one about Luft. diamond pilot badge.
                Attached Files

Comment

Another picture of this collector, I believe.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Post #9 is John Pepera, an advanced collector who is still counted among us.
                    I knew Bill Stump for nearly 40 years - a unique individual to say the least! He is missed....

Comment

My mistake, now this should be Bill Stump.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Chen, do you have all of us collectors on your datebase!?

Comment

Funny...No answer.....admission of guilt ...possibly...,but i bet he does...!

Comment

Didn't he have at one time a large grouping of von Ribbentrops' items?

Comment

Originally posted by FW 200 View Post
                              Didn't he have at one time a large grouping of von Ribbentrops' items?
                              If you're referring to Bill Stump Yes he did.
                              Jim

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X