Holiday in Germany

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
    When exactly are you in germany? I live close to munich and Bad Tölz, could show you a lot.
    Right now im travelling at your continent...
    Hi thanks, (your PM box is full )

Comment

Originally posted by sniper11 View Post
      Sorry for my late reply.I went straight to the tourist office near Munich train station and they take payments and give maps and instructions as to the organised meeting places for the tours.
      Troy

Comment

Holiday in germany

Was planning a trip this April 8th -17 in Munich and Bavaria. Are most places such as Dachau,obersaltzburg ,bmw welt ,restaurants etc closed between Holy Thursday and Easter Monday?
        Thanks for any info.
        Regards,,mike

Comment

Originally posted by michael leone View Post
          Was planning a trip this April 8th -17 in Munich and Bavaria. Are most places such as Dachau,obersaltzburg ,bmw welt ,restaurants etc closed between Holy Thursday and Easter Monday?
          Thanks for any info.
          Regards,,mike
          The Gedenkstätte Dachau is open Monday to Sunday throughout the year except for 24 December.

The Dokumentationszentrum Obersalzberg is open Monday to Sunday in April to October and Tuesday to Sunday in November to March and closed on 1 January, 1 November and 24, 25 and 31 December.

For the BMW-Welt, see: https://www.bmw-welt.com/en.html#infos

Holy Thursday is a regular workday. Good Friday and Easter Monday are national holidays, so generally spoken, shops, businesses and public agencies are closed. (There are some exceptions, like shops in gas stations or newsagents/kiosks in railway stations, on-duty pharmacies etc.) Also, Good Friday is a so-called "quiet holiday", so certain types of public event - dances, balls, sports competitions etc. - are prohibited, but that shouldn't affect you much. Easter Sunday is a holiday, too, but the aforementioned applies to every Sunday, anyway.

Restaurants are generally open on holidays and Sundays, but if you want to know if a specific restaurant is open on a specific day, you really must check via their website or by phone. (After all, every proprietor decides for themselves when to open their place.)
          Last edited by HPL2008; 01-11-2020, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Holiday in germany

Thank you very much for your time and valued info. I haven’t been to Germany since 1990, and am very much looking forward to a return visit.
            Thanks again
            Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Hofstetter View Post
              Hi thanks, (your PM box is full )
              I left you my email at your personal page here

Comment

Munich and Nuremberg.

There are excellent 3rd Reich walking tours around Munich that show and tell great stories.
                ------------------------------------------------
                Collector of French ww2-era insignia.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X