The best documentary about Hitlers house Obersalzberg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geoff Walden View Post
    There used to be a museum display in the basement of the Tuerken, in the old Kegelbahn room, but it was for guests only. Frau S. was forced to close it in 2007 as part of the difficulties caused by a TV film crew illegally filming in the bunker. That is, she no longer granted access to it, even for guests. I've always wondered if that stuff is still down there. The current owner would not let me go see (even though I had been in the basement several times when her mother ran the Tuerken), nor would she even answer my question. The Tuerken "good old days" are truly gone ...
    Exactly... She is NOT her mother. Sadly.

While there some guy his wife and a friend took her out to dinner. Wonder if that paid off for them. They left next day and doubt they would have said.

Comment

There used to be a museum display in the basement of the Tuerken, in the old Kegelbahn room
      I had to google 'kegelbahn'. Geoff, just to be clear, there was a kegelbahn under the Zum Türken as well as the Berghof?

Have you ever seen a photo of the Berghof kegelbahn taken after its 1952 demolition?

Comment

Originally posted by Manalishi View Post
        I had to google 'kegelbahn'. Geoff, just to be clear, there was a kegelbahn under the Zum Türken as well as the Berghof??
        Yes, the Türken had a Kegelbahn as well. Frau S. told me that, and apparently the mid-30s rebuild plans in Munich show it (I haven't seen these myself).

Originally posted by Manalishi View Post
        Have you ever seen a photo of the Berghof kegelbahn taken after its 1952 demolition?
        No, I haven't - only views inside the eastern end of the cellar that show the ceiling collapsed. Of course, that's where a bomb hit just above, so probably that whole end of the cellar was collapsed, but I don't know how far that went. So don't know if the entire Kegelbahn was collapsed.

Have you seen any such pics?

Comment

Geoff, I have read in at least two books about the Kegelbahn in the Turken but I have never seen a period photo of that one.

Comment

No, I haven't - only views inside the eastern end of the cellar that show the ceiling collapsed. Of course, that's where a bomb hit just above, so probably that whole end of the cellar was collapsed, but I don't know how far that went. So don't know if the entire Kegelbahn was collapsed.

Have you seen any such pics?
            I've never seen pictures of the kegelbahn in the Berghof, post '52. I did go into those basement rooms off the garage in '94 but didn't see a bowling alley. I assume at one time all the basement rooms were interconnected but if there was a passageway, it had collapsed or been filled in with ruble.

There was that story on the Axis forum about someone gaining access to the kegelbahn in the Berghof and seeing Coke signs on the wall but that seems rather far-fetched. Surely you'd bring your camera and photograph something like that.

Comment

Oh, I had forgotten about that story about the Coke signs and other relics. I just took that story as total BS, myself.

Comment

It is believable from the standpoint many of the party magazines have Coke ads! So for me why not?

Comment

Really good documentary, its a shame they have destroyed so much.
                  I have visted twice in a year its a great place.

I used the “Third Reich in Ruins” and “Hitler's Berchtesgaden” guide book by Geoffrey R. Walden.
                  Great site and book for visting the area. Helped me alot on my first visit.
                  With out the guide book i would of missed many spots. Even the tea house can be tricky to find.
                  I visted in November last the snow was great.

Comment

Can anyone recommend where I can find this documentary....?

Comment

Originally posted by ironcross13 View Post
                      I used the “Third Reich in Ruins” and “Hitler's Berchtesgaden” guide book by Geoffrey R. Walden. Great site and book for visting the area. Helped me alot on my first visit. With out the guide book i would of missed many spots. Even the tea house can be tricky to find.
                      Originally posted by Max Wünsche View Post
                      Can anyone recommend where I can find this documentary....?
                      It's been more than a decade since I was last there - and looking forward to being back again later this Summer. And this time, I'll have GW's book and my my 72-year-old Dad along for the ride (). Will be interesting to see how things have changed, under the new Management at HZT - and just as much, if anything else around the countryside may have also. Not long ago, I heard a rumor that GW may be making another return () - and if so, I'm hoping his latest perspective on these matters will pop up here one day too. And Yes - that video was great! I sure hope someone comes along soon, and tells us how to find it again . . .

Comment

It's back up on Youtube:
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmAEzoRIOLE

Comment

Awesome!

Originally posted by MaxAires View Post
                          Hey "MaxAires" - Thanks much for finding it!

Comment

[QUOTE=N.C. Wyeth;8446101] ... Will be interesting to see how things have changed, under the new Management at HZT ... I heard a rumor that GW may be making another return () - and if so, I'm hoping his latest perspective on these matters will pop up here one day too./QUOTE]

I will be there in a couple of months, but alas, not staying in the Tuerken. The Tuerken is currently not open and the owner is not taking reservations, because the heating system (parts of which date from the 1930s) has broken down and needs repair or replacement. Since that affects the hot water for the building, she can't have visitors in the rooms until it is fixed.

I, too, will be looking at all the changes since I was there three years ago. BIG changes at the Dokumentation!

Comment

Title and search in case it disappears again.

Full Documentary - Hitler's Deadly Mountain

History and Cosmos

Comment

Enjoyed that

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X