The best documentary about Hitlers house Obersalzberg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best documentary about Hitlers house Obersalzberg

Just watched this superb documentary. Pour your self a large glass of wine or cup of coffee and enjoy!

https://youtu.be/o3d9LZNo008

Originally posted by Eddietheboy View Post
    Just watched this superb documentary. Pour your self a large glass of wine or cup of coffee and enjoy!

https://youtu.be/o3d9LZNo008
    Thanks Eddie I'll watch it later, I was there in July last year in the glorious sunshine - the place is beautiful. If I ever had to move abroad then the Kingdom of Bavaria is the place for me

Comment

This is well worth watching if you collect militaria. It is amazing to see some of the relics and artifacts discovered like the remains of SS passes on the floor of the escape tunnels.

Comment

Has anyone watched this yet. Let me know what you thought.

Comment

Hi Eddie,

Just finished watching this documentary, and have got to say it is really interesting! Who would have reaalised that although there is very little remaining on the surface, underneath the ground a maze of passages still exist.
          These should be opened up for tourists exploring the area!

Best wishes,

John.

Comment

Just watched it -fascinating!
            Thanks very much for taking the time to advise us.
            Always fun to learn new things

Comment

Glad you liked it as much as me. I think it’s one of the better documentaries out there.

Comment

It is a very nice documentary!

I especially enjoy the parts featuring that Tour Guide from Kentucky.

Comment

Yes, quite good. Hadn't seen it.
                  Agree with NC, cool to put a face with the tour guild name!
                  Good job Geoff.

Comment

Just finished watching - excellent and to think I walked many of those subterranean corridors in July. Also visited the Hotel zum Turken and Kehlsteinhaus - the scenery is breath taking and the sense of history palpable, it is a must for anyone interested in that period

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Calvert View Post
                      Yes, quite good. Hadn't seen it.
                      Agree with NC, cool to put a face with the tour guild name!
                      Good job Geoff.
                      Originally posted by N.C. Wyeth View Post
                      It is a very nice documentary!
                      I especially enjoy the parts featuring that Tour Guide from Kentucky.
                      Geez - everyone saw this before me! I only just ran across it today. I was happy with the way it turned out, although we filmed several other locations that didn't make the cut.
                      Did you all like the horse in the background at the Theaterhalle? I had always heard of people running into "mean wild horses" there, but I had never seen any until that day. Those horses were quite friendly and docile. And camera hogs as well!
                      Was this shown on TV in the USA? I missed it ...

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff Walden View Post
                        Geez - everyone saw this before me! I only just ran across it today. I was happy with the way it turned out, although we filmed several other locations that didn't make the cut.
                        Did you all like the horse in the background at the Theaterhalle? I had always heard of people running into "mean wild horses" there, but I had never seen any until that day. Those horses were quite friendly and docile. And camera hogs as well!
                        Congratulations on a great show Geoff. It is now on a U.K. tv channel called “yesterday” as part of a series called “Hidden Traces”.

Comment

Outstanding! Very well done!

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff Walden View Post
                            Geez - everyone saw this before me!
                            Hey Bud - I just picked up on it here . . . and watched it on the TV, via YouTube.

As soon as "The Boss" saw you on that screen, she laughed and said, "Hey - I recall bummin' around in Poland with that sexy guy" . . .

Comment

Hi,

the story of the documentary is interesting : this is due to a contact with another journalist that Isabelle contacted me, and the first thing i did is to advice her to go to Geof website and check his book (she bought it almost immediately).
                              Then i adviced her books, ideas and contacts, amongst them a few other WAF members and guys like Xavier Aiolfi.
                              We also provided some period documentation (postcards, books etc) that was used in her research.

See You

Vince

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X