Overcoat Reproductions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aldarith View Post
    What I'm trying to figure out is if I need to have the coat fit over a size EU46 Tunic do I need a size EU48 coat? ( or are size EU46 overcoats sized to fit over EU46 tunics?)
    Yes. Get one size bigger if you intend to wear it over a tunic.

The sizes are of course always 2 inches away from each other, so it really depends on the person on how well it will fit.

Comment

I'm in the market for a Hooded Wachmantel or an M40 overcoat but I am encountering the same problems that a lot of smaller folks face - few places seem to stock my size.

Can anyone recommend a good maker of either model who provides sizes 36/38 US?

ZIB doesn't do PayPal and Schuster hasn't responded to my e-mails for about 3 weeks so now I am looking elsewhere.

Wouldn't say no to a well-priced original but those are hard to find under chest-size 100.
      My dealings with Schuster have been disastrous. Do yourself a favor, and avoid them like the plague.

Comment

I checked them out a while back but they only offer a generals mantel :/

Any idea how the tunic patterns from Wehrmacht.es hold up to ATF?
        Similar price point, so it merits comparing.
        The ATF ones are ChiCom.

1944 Militaria stocks the ChiCom ones as well. Can't say how they differ from the ATF/Hessen Antiques ones, but their customer service is very good.
        http://www.1944militaria.com/M40_Ove.../rpm40gtct.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Robert999 View Post
          The ATF ones are ChiCom.

1944 Militaria stocks the ChiCom ones as well. Can't say how they differ from the ATF/Hessen Antiques ones, but their customer service is very good.
          http://www.1944militaria.com/M40_Ove.../rpm40gtct.htm
          Hessen antiques is junk and nothing more than chi-com crap at the lowest level...,.they lie to you and can not be trusted....jmo from buying from them...never again.

Dennis J

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis J View Post
            Hessen antiques is junk and nothing more than chi-com crap at the lowest level...,.they lie to you and can not be trusted....jmo from buying from them...never again.

Dennis J
            Good to know.

ATF and 1944 Militaria are both responsible vendors who stand behind what they sell from my experience with them.

Avoid at any and all costs the ChiCom crap, Schuster, and SM Wholesale (unless you're buying their stuff second-hand or directly from them at a show.)

Sadly, I don't think anyone is making a quality repro greatcoat atm, and if they were it'd cost over $600+ I'm sure.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X