Inheritance of my Grandfather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ostmark,
    I was on vacation when you put this thread up. I am sure glad that I found it this week! You are very lucky to have as much as you do from your Grandfather. I've enjoyed every bit that you have shared with us. Please share anything else that you might have. Your Grandfather had to have alot of luck to go through the war and then survive a Russian POW camp.

Chet
    Zinc stinks!

Comment

Great pictures and great to see a family history kept together

Comment

Deleted all my comments and two pics ......

Explanation why:
        I do not want to harm any collectors on that board, and i dont wanna start political discussions. I am a WWII collector nothing else, and i am not somebody who says that war is beautiful and i am not dealing with the ideology. If somebody feels offended, i am sorry for that ...

More pics will come without any comment from my side...i promise

Regards
        Ostmark
        Last edited by Ostmark; 06-26-2004, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Ostmark,
          I hope you will continue to share your Grandfather's service during the war with us. It reminded me very much of the great thread that Frank shared with us pretaining to his own Father's service in the war. I don't belive anyone at that time took issue to his Father's time in the service of his country. It should not be so this time either. So, if you have any more pictures don't be hesitant to post them.

Chet
          Zinc stinks!

Comment

Ostmark,
            I BEG for you to continue this post! I have mine under "Opa" on this forum and I have received many nice comments so I have continued to post. We need not shy away from history, those that do deny the truth. Men fought for their friends, families, and country. They saw their friends die, endured hardship, and carried on. If we let that go we loose our past, who we are and the memory of our loved ones. We need to honor them. I stand here in support of you!
            Marc

Comment

Thx for your nice comments guys i have got a lot of PMs and i have to answer
              them as soon as possible

And the very important .. the thread will be continued

Regards Ostmark

Comment

Hi Ostmark,
                I have just found this thread and would like to thank you for sharing this with us. I would support very thing that has been said and you should not feel concerned about what others may have said.

I look foward to anything else you may post and have my support.
                Regards
                Si

SWS Collection 01-14 Images Copyright.

Comment

As i said, the story will be continued ...here we go

German troops on the way from france to the russian frontlines
                  Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

The soldiers where so tired, that they where sleeping in all positions
                          Attached Files

Comment

Here is one pic of a german frontline near Leningrad..you can see a PAK on the left side of the pic
                            Attached Files

Comment

The russian winter was coming ...and we were not prepared to handle these temperatures (-50 degrees) (Comment from my Grandpa!)
                              Attached Files

Comment

The war is sleeping, because of that temperatures
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X