No announcement yet.

Narwa Front !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent photos Pauke , i;ve just come back from 5 days in Narva and the Auwere myself we must have been there at the same time !!!,

regards

Paul

Comment

Very nice photos!

Comment

thank's for sharing these photos from the Narwa area and for the pictures of Dutch the memorial.

Comment

at the Front

I love those before and after photos that Pauke showed too. Excellent comparison shots.
          Thanks a bunch for the story and slide show.

Comment

Note how the represents of "love, piece and understanding" have tried to destroy the stones over young men who died more than half a decade ago...

Comment

A recent visit to the Auwere Bridgehead , the Road of the Tigers used by Otto Carius and 2 . s Panzer Abt 502 !!
              Attached Files

Comment

Very interesting pictures, thanks! I just read Tigers in the mud by Carius.

Comment

Extremely interesting pictures of the monuments. There was some discussion in earlier posts as to the correctness of these monuments.

Everyone has an opinion when it comes to the subject of the Waffen-SS. And all of those opinions can be justified for various reasons.

But opinions should not blur or alter history. Those who find it offensive and those who do not will not change each others' minds. So let's all look at it as monuments to men who fought for an ideal, whether or not we agree with it.

Right or wrong, they paid the ultimate price and deserve to be honoured as soldiers - not politicians.
                  Last edited by Bernie Brule; 11-07-2012, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie Brule View Post
                    Extremely interesting pictures of the monuments. There was some discussion in earlier posts as to the correctness of these monuments.

Everyone has an opinion when it comes to the subject of the Waffen-SS. And all of those opinions can be justified for various reasons.

But opinions should not blur or alter history. Those who find it offensive and those who do not will not change each others' minds. So let's all look at it as monuments to men who fought for an ideal, whether or not we agree with it.

Right or wrong, they paid the ultimate price and deserve to be honoured as soldiers - not politicians.

Well spoken! I fully agree!

I find it offensive to find Soviet monuments outside the (former) Soviet union (for example)!
                    Has anyone asked the people in those countries what they think about the Red army?

Comment

You will notice damage to many of the memorials , in Eastern Estonia 95% are of Russian descent so this dies occur from time to time , usually around 9th May !!

Just a sad fact of history that is not forgotten !

Comment

You missed one stone from Narva, I will fill in this thread with it. Its the 20th Estonian SS Volunteer Division.
                        If you look closely, you can see some damage on the stone.

The second photo is a photo with a view over the whole monument.
                        Most of the stones you have seen in this thread, are from the surroundings near by.
                        If you make the trip, make sure that you will visit all stones, its much to see - but also in Tallin.

Im sorry for the two black dots, but I felt I had to make it impossible for anyone, to ID those kids.

Last edited by mathiass; 12-01-2012, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Great thread guys! I'm planning to visit Narwa and the area as well, would like to do it this summer, but that's gonna be difficult due to the whole covid thing I'm afraid. Otherwise next year

Small question; where are the trenches located? Kinderheimhöhe? Would absolutely love to visit those!!

Best regards,

Ebe

Comment

Lots of trenches on the Sinimae but they are all over the area you need to know where to look

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X