No announcement yet.

Narwa Front !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

normally when it comes to political issues this thread or posts would have been closed or infractions would have been given.
    so if one does not agree or has an different opinion I should get infractions ?
    Maybe you should start to read what I ( among others ) posted in stead of jibba jabba.
    plicht = anders dan Duty ! ( Dienst ! )
    as far as I know the german where the invading army so loyalty to the queen should be awarded with a dutch medal and flag ( read monument ) german "herroes" should be awarded in german with a german flag ! ( or an orange white blue flag ?! on the picture ? that would mean something different in this case. )

just MY opinion...

Comment

Originally posted by JEROEN1944 View Post
      Well its disturbs me alot that there is a national Dutch flag over a Dutch SS memorial. Looks like the people in Holland including the crown honour the fallen SS soldiers in eastern europe. Let the flag and text away.
      Think about the victems of the German aggressor. It seems the yes sayers have to learn alot abour rudnes and respect. What you do in eastern europe i dont care but i dont like such text and our national flag over the memorial. They no Dutch anymore, better put a German national flag over it. Many of the Dutch people still call Dutch SS volunteers traitors, although i dont always agree with it.

Jeroen
      Thank you for hijacking this thread !! This thread is about the Battlefields at Narwa not about any political agenda so please if you want to argue the rights and wrongs of the WW2 History of the Netherlands start your own thread !!

Comment

Yes Paul, better to stay on the interesting Narwa track ...

Can you post some more pictures of your Narwa / Estonian visits? Perhaps some "then and now"images available?

martin

Comment

Will do Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Paul E View Post
            Hi Martin,

You would love it especially with the Dutch volunteer connection plus we also try to include plenty of time to enjoy the Tallinn sites and nightlife !!!

Would be great to have you along in the future,

regards

Paul
            Last time I was in Tallinn nightlife I felt some breasts on the back of my neck....

2 bad I only saw the innercity (Unesco world heritage) and not the battlefields...

martin

Comment

it's a great trip , Tallinn nightlife and the Narwa Battelfields what could be better !!!

Comment

Thanks for posting the picture of the statue Paul and next time there will be a Dutch connection going there please count me in

Comment

Originally posted by Niederlande View Post
                  Thanks for posting the picture of the statue Paul and next time there will be a Dutch connection going there please count me in
                  You would be more than welcome

Comment

Then and now photos of the City of Narva are difficult to get as much of the ancient city was flattened during the combat especially the Russian bombing of the 6th March 1944.

Comment

Hi Paul

thank's for sharing these photos.

Phil.

Comment

herrmannburg

Here a photo taken from the russian side of the river.Probably dated around 41/42
                        Attached Files

Comment

Panzer männer inside the castle.You can see the baracks,parade etc.
                          Attached Files

Comment

poster narva

propaganda poster
                            Attached Files

Comment

iwangorod

russian castle ,taken from the german side
                              Attached Files

Comment

that was then,here is now
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X