No announcement yet.

Renaissance Wax or Vaseline?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

they will corrode eventually. my opinion,,,, if they are nice and minty wipe them down good and ren wax them.

Comment

I am not knowledgeable in the preservation field but I have always been told that one should not use Vaseline or anything that is a petroleum product on anything that you really wish to preserve.

Comment

Originally posted by DennyB View Post
        I am not knowledgeable in the preservation field but I have always been told that one should not use Vaseline or anything that is a petroleum product on anything that you really wish to preserve.
        That is correct. Vaseline is jellied petroleum, essentially napalm without a couple ingredients. Bad for anything it touches, including humans. If you think Vaseline is good for metal, try rubbing some on the hood of your car on a summer day and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by DennyB View Post
          I'm sure I'd use vasoline on anything as a preservative, but I certainly use gun oil and grease as a preservative on firearms with zero issues. I do prefer Ren Wax on blades, medals, and tinnies though.

Comment

Does vaseline harm only zinc items or aluminium and other metals too? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by estländer View Post
              Does vaseline harm only zinc items or aluminium and other metals too? Thanks!
              I’m not sure about zinc, but I don’t really think petroleum jelly is harmful to humans. I know too many Dr’s and hospitals using it on patients skin.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X