This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Hope do not go off topic Jamie but this has been dug out close to Izhora River, Kolpino. We will never know if it has been used by a member of BD or by a german soldier but, for sure, by someone who fought arm to arm with spaniards....
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Fab...! great to hear form you again....well looks like its an M35 and by the shape of that shield it looks like it was a tri color Heer....but definitely Spanish Blue Division sector....for sure....what is interesting is that when the unit was called back, the Germans took over those positions so could be a helmet from the German relief force.

Also interesting is that it looks like the shiled was never coverd paint and fell off....spaniards always coverd the whole helmet with white wash....it would be interesting to see more detailed photos of that decal section to see if there is any red in the top stripe...that would make it Blau and not German....because could be a Blau lid that was completly painted in white wash and then the spanish decal flacked off leving the space....maybe....

Thanks for showing...
          Last edited by Spanish Freiwillige; 08-04-2014, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spanish Freiwillige View Post
            Fab...! great to hear form you again....well looks like its an M35 and by the shape of that shield it looks like it was a tri color Heer....but definitely Spanish Blue Division sector....for sure....what is interesting is that when the unit was called back, the Germans took over those positions so could be a helmet from the German relief force.

Also interesting is that it looks like the shiled was never coverd paint and fell off....spaniards always coverd the whole helmet with white wash....it would be interesting to see more detailed photos of that decal section to see if there is any red in the top stripe...that would make it Blau and not German....because could be a Blau lid that was completly painted in white wash and then the spanish decal flacked off leving the space....maybe....

Thanks for showing...
            Thanks to you, Mate, for your clarification! As soon as I will get it I will do more shots as requested!
            Many thanks,
            Fab

Comment

Originally posted by Tora_Tora_Tora! View Post
              Thanks to you, Mate, for your clarification! As soon as I will get it I will do more shots as requested!
              Many thanks,
              Fab
              jajajajajjaj so you got it do please send more photos as soon as you get it.......missed your old SD

In case you want a SD Blau there is this one for sale....although you and I have discussed this one before....

http://www.todocoleccion.net/casco-m...#sobre_el_lote

Comment

jajajajajjaj so you got it do please send more photos as soon as you get it.......missed your old SD

In case you want a SD Blau there is this one for sale....although you and I have discussed this one before....

http://www.todocoleccion.net/casco-m...#sobre_el_lote

Will do better pics upon receiving!!
                Wow 1600 euro...."only"...ah ah ah!

Comment

actualy I think its quite cheap...the last helmet (an M40 DD) that was offered about maybe three years ago, although it was also a relic lid, it had the shiled in great condition (better than this m42) and seller wanted 3000....

Comment

the price is a bitt off to the expenisve side....especialy since thehelmet was waxed and celaned by seller and its not the best condition...I think 1000 EUR tops would be acuratefor this lid no more......the last helmet (an M40 DD) that was offered about maybe three years ago, although it was also a relic lid, it had the shiled in great condition (better than this m42) and seller wanted 3000....

if one wants a cheap blau lid..the best thing is to go to Russia and find it yourself....

Comment

if one wants a cheap blau lid..the best thing is to go to Russia and find it yourself....

Ok Mate, manage an expedition....I'll be there!!!!

Comment

Can you believ that the relic M42 that the starting bid was 1600 EUR, didnt get any bids...following that the seller offered it as direct sale for 2000 EUR and now the listing is gone....

Guess the price was like I said way to high

Comment

Strange due if I would have been interested I would have proposed him a straight sale trying to have the best price possible. From my experience I understood that in the collecting field all is possible...specially starting from the point that each one of us can do what he wants with the proper money but I would NEVER paid such amount....!!!!

Comment

that helmet could not go fore more that 1000 US...and that is talking big money....given the tampering with and the doubt about story and the decal cleanning....

definitely also an inspection period would have necesarly been part of the deal....(magnification inspection of decal/measring to the mm..etc)

Comment

that helmet could not go fore more that 1000 US...and that is talking big money....given the tampering with and the doubt about story and the decal cleanning....

definitely also an inspection period would have necesarly been part of the deal....(magnification inspection of decal/measring to the mm..etc)
                              Agree Mate......

Comment

Agree Mate......
                                Fab...remember one thing...even though the decal is gone, cross measure the decal space, as the bau shiled is bigger than the Heer tricolor shiled so as soon as you get it let me know how tall and how wide de decal is.....

that will solve the mystery

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X