No announcement yet.

POSTING NICKs COLLECTION!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those who might not recognize it, Post 315 and 315 depict an extremely rare Czech Bohemia-Moravia (Bohemen-Mahren Protectorate) field grey NCO Gendarme uniform, part of the Protectorate "Regierungstruppe" Army. This "Army" (also known in Czech as "Vladni Vojsko") was allowed to be raised by the Germans and totalled about 7000 men, 12 battalions in all of which 1 remained in Prague in 1944 as the Presidential Body Guard. The remaining 11 Battallions were transfered to Italy in May of 1944 to help the German war effort and deployed as construction and guard units in the Italian Campaign, protecting power stations, waterworks, factories munition depots, railways etc.., but ended up fighting partisans (Deutsche Wehrmacht service), which led to mass desertions in 1945 and many defected to the allied side, becoming the 1st Czechoslovak Division in Italy, receiving orders from the Czech Government in exile in London. Very Rare, as its a relatively small Army and few uniform items survived after the Communists took over! Nick
    Last edited by NickG; 02-20-2007, 01:38 AM.

Comment

Yes I would just get an original sling for the mp40 display.

Bryan
      Last edited by foamspoon; 02-18-2007, 06:12 AM.

Comment

Czech photo
        Attached Files

Comment

Post 318 is a period picture of Czech "Protectorate" troops (Bohemia-Moravia), note crossed sword buttons, as depicted in uniform pictures 314 and 315.
          Here's another period picture of a Czech Gendarme flanked by German customs officials!
          http://www.tenzor.cz/lbsr/forum/Z_1.jpg
          Thanks for posting again for me Helmetbuyers! Nick
          Last edited by NickG; 02-19-2007, 05:06 PM.

Comment

unbelieveable collection, just awesome! I actually feel exhausted just looking at the pics!!!!! love that SS cap 'partial'
            can't even imagine what the next 25yrs will bring! keep us all updated
            regards
            jon

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
              Hi J.V.
              Thanks for the thumbs up ! I'm looking for a Finnish pilot's badge (repro is OK too if these are crazy expensive). Its for the Finnish pilot display in post 123 on page 9. You know anybody in your country who could help? Thanks for your comments! Nick
              Hi Nick,
              If I find one I let you know

Best.
              J.V

Comment

Thanks Jon for the thumbs up...more pictures of my little museum to follow,
                like my 1945 Willy's Jeep and a nice grouping that I own of a WW1 Sopwith Camel US fighter pilot ace! Stay tuned!!!
                Thanks J.V. for offering to find me a Finnish pilot's badge! Nick
                Last edited by NickG; 02-19-2007, 06:14 PM.

Comment

more photos posted for Nick.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X