heer flak badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heer flak badge

Any ideas on how to tell the unmarked good ones from the fakes, I just bought one & will have to get picks later but notice on the main website it says to stay away from die struck versions.

Why ?? the one I have has shear marks, & is very well detailed.

It is not magnetic so assume zinc, what are the things to look out for ??
    Strong wind-magic mist, to Asgard the Valkries fly
    High overhead-they carry the dead, Where the blood of my enemies lies - MANOWAR - Hail to England

Hi Graig,

Since this morning I was waiting to see who would jump in the water first to answer your interesting question.

When it comes down to Heer Flak badges (certainly unmarked ones) I always find it striking that there are very few people willing to comment.

Personnaly I thing that this has to do with the fact these badges are quit rare compared to the luft flak badges and that there exist far more unmarked versions of Heer Flak's than of Luft Flak's. And since anything that is unmarked holds certain risks most tend to stick to the marked badges.

A couple of months ago I started looking for a Heer Flak badge myself. Since I was not willing to pay $750 or more for a buntmetall Juncker's and taken in to account all the controversy surrounding WH or RS marked badges I decided to go for an unmarked one.

First I started gathering all the pics I could lay my hands on. I collected pics of both marked an unmarked originals aswell as fakes. Based upon al that material it became clear to me that the badge I would buy would have to show crisp detail in every area
    wreath, eagle and cannon. That detail for me would be the decisive factor to base my decision on.

To make a long story short when decision time comes you have to go on your gut feeling with these badges and go for the one you yourself feel comfortable with.

In attachment please find the badge I finaly bought. Before buying it I also posted it on the forum and besides one reaction from Frank nobody gave any comment.

Untill now I only found 2 pictures of semi hollow versions that show exactly the same obverse hinge and pin but have a different catch. So untill the day somebody proves this a fake I am very happy with it and consider it rarer than all the marked examples.

Hope this was any help to you
    Kind regards
    Philippe
    Attached Files

Comment

Reverse
      Attached Files

Comment

Heer observe a little larger
        Attached Files

Comment

Pics

ok guys here are the pics
          Attached Files
          High overhead-they carry the dead, Where the blood of my enemies lies - MANOWAR - Hail to England

Comment

eagle close up

head & swaz
            Attached Files

Comment

head

extreme close up
              Attached Files

Comment

cannon detail

detail of the cannon - note the bubbling on the breach & the rivet details, as well as cross hatchin on the acorns
                Attached Files

Comment

back view

ze back

Comment

oops

here tis
                    Attached Files

Comment

pin & back of eagle

looks soldered. pin is magnetic
                      Attached Files

Comment

catch

any comments
                        Attached Files

Comment

with catch open

note mark left by pin when closed
                          Attached Files

Comment

carton

sorry forgot to say it comes with original (?) carton & tissue paper
                            Attached Files

Comment

last

close up of the tag - is the german correct ie no spelling mistakes etc

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X