HJ Knife solid red diamonds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HJ Knife solid red diamonds

Looks like a pretty nice knife, has scabbard but the leather strap is broke,
    can't quite make out the Rzm #, or if the blade has been sharpened, good grips, but is this Dagger original??

thanks

whoops.... mod please delete these 2 panzer pics
    Last edited by David Guist; 02-02-2011, 02:56 PM. Reason: wrong pics

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Close up of diamond... and RZM mark please! Isn't the RZM M7/30? Looks like it from the pictures - it's also quite minty which is a first red flag on a HJ - also pictures of the scabbard would help!

Comment

Yes, a few close ups please...lots of fake RZM's out there.

Comment

looks like 7/36
            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

please post photos of the reverse grips, red diamond is a sign to be cautious however some pins etc can be found that are given the

Comment

Waffendude, looks like a genuine M7/36 late war hj knife with the solid red daimond which is correct in these late war hjs imo

Comment

This is an original, late HJ with non magnetic hilt by E&F Hörster. This maker sometimes used smaller rivets than usual.

The full red diamond's are early copies, today accepted as originals by some of us.

Best greetings,

Victorman

Comment

Thanks guys for the comments, so there are no issues with the red diamond?
                      What would be a good price to pay for this piece as I'm interested in buying it.

thanks

Comment

Waffendude,

I would never recommend to buy a HJ knife with a full red diamond.

Buy one with an original inlaid!

Best greetings,

Herman

Comment

Agreed. You can get a nice standard diamond on a HJ RZM for <$300 bucks if you wait for the right opportunity! This diamond really lowers the value of the knife IMO. Keep looking!

Comment

Thanks guys for the helpful info,
                            I'll pass on purchasing this one

Comment

I have owned over 100 hj knifes in my time & had a good few knifes that had the solid red daimond insignia properly inserted into the griplate with the required wiggle or movement, some of the daimonds had a speckled affect through the red in the daimond, also i have seen many for sale on dealers sites over the years & the same goes for hj pin badges with the solid red in them, there are many collectors out there who think they are repros but have no proof to prove this story.

Some Solid Red Daimond Threads from the Past Below.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...nife+solid+red

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...nife+solid+red
                              Last edited by Mac 66; 02-01-2011, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X