No announcement yet.

Lets see your Panzer crew member Soldbuchs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice Panzer group you have there, Floris!

Comment

Very nice group Flow. Congrats. Along with the kriegstagbuch and the heavy metals makes it more unique. I'm looking forward to see it in person

Ciao

Erwin

Comment

Nice stuff! awsome DR SB!

Comment

Originally posted by Akira Takiguchi View Post
          And of course, the two prototypes are Pz.Sfl.Ic that was based on VK901. I have only two pictures of the vehicles

Akira-san, any chance you can post those two pictures you have of the Pz.Sfl.Ic here in this thread?

Thanks,
          Rob

Comment

Rob

Any chance you're going to post a few pictures from the Hummel group in this thread? You have mentioned this group a few times. A few pictures from this group would be go perfect with the story

Erwin

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Johnson View Post
              Akira-san, any chance you can post those two pictures you have of the Pz.Sfl.Ic here in this thread?

Thanks,
              Rob
              Posted in http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...&postcount=218

Comment

Originally posted by Akira Takiguchi View Post

Amazing photos, Akira! I left a reply in the other thread, but I would like to leave one here as well. Until now I was completely unaware
                of the existence of this vehicle and that it actually saw combat. From the pictures you have posted it clearly has an opened top fighting
                compartment and is based on the VK901 chassis. Is it the same vehicle as the one shown in the image below (also posted in post #1239)?

I really appreciate you posting these, so thank you

Rob
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Erwin L View Post
                  Rob

Any chance you're going to post a few pictures from the Hummel group in this thread? You have mentioned this group a few times.
                  A few pictures from this group would be go perfect with the story

Erwin
                  Well, as you (or was it Floris?) said, some things can't be shown and need to be kept private for certain reasons

Honestly I'd really like to see the grouping published one day, and as I haven't even come close to finishing researching it yet I'd like to hold off
                  on posting it right now. Bob and Scott's incredible book Retake Arnhem Bridge would have been a perfect opportunity to see this one published,
                  however at the time I was unable to get it out of the bank and make scans. Actually, my Kampfgruppe "Knaust" /Pz.Kompanie "Mielke" Soldbuch
                  barely
                  made it into their book; Scott said that it was about to go to press when I contacted him about the possibility of including the Schulz "Mielke" Soldbuch
                  and they actually scrambled last minute to re-paginate the book and write up some text to get it included (although I don't believe it involved pushing back
                  the press date ) Luckily I had that Soldbuch handy to make scans, but unfortunately that wasn't the case with the "Hummel" SB. That's OK though, as it's
                  a large and extensive group (with unpublished photos of his Tiger) which spans almost 6 years of Panzer combat with four Panzer (3 Tiger) units, so while it
                  would have been great to see the SB featured in Retake Arnhem Bridge I'm sure there will be future opportunities to see it presented in another publication.

For now, here's a shot of page 17 which shows the s.Pz.Kp.Hummel unit entry. The last entry on page 15 dated 01.September 1944
                  is hand signed by Hans Hummel himself.

Rob
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Johnson View Post
                    Well, as you (or was it Floris?) said, some things can't be shown and need to be kept private for certain reasons

Honestly I'd really like to see the grouping published one day, and as I haven't even come close to finishing researching it yet I'd like to hold off
                    on posting it right now. Bob and Scott's incredible book Retake Arnhem Bridge would have been a perfect opportunity to see this one published,
                    however at the time I was unable to get it out of the bank and make scans. Actually, my Kampfgruppe "Knaust" /Pz.Kompanie "Mielke" Soldbuch
                    barely made it into their book; Scott said that it was about to go to press when I contacted him about the possibility of including the Schulz "Mielke" Soldbuch
                    and they actually scrambled last minute to re-paginate the book and write up some text to get it included (although I don't believe it involved pushing back
                    the press date ) Luckily I had that Soldbuch handy to make scans, but unfortunately that wasn't the case with the "Hummel" SB. That's OK though, as it's
                    a large and extensive group (with unpublished photos of his Tiger) which spans almost 6 years of Panzer combat with four Panzer (3 Tiger) units, so while it
                    would have been great to see the SB featured in Retake Arnhem Bridge I'm sure there will be future opportunities to see it presented in another publication.

For now, here's a shot of page 17 which shows the s.Pz.Kp.Hummel unit entry. The last entry on page 15 dated 01.September 1944
                    is hand signed by Hans Hummel himself.

Rob

Thanks for sharing page 17, that's definitely a rare baby!
                    What an incredible group you have there!

Comment

That´s a bunch of amazing Soldbücher guys!
                      Very nice to see
                      I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
                      Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
                      My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

It's seems like a very nice group based on this page. Especially for the Arnhem freaks. Perhaps you will find some time to research it and publish a book about it in the future

Erwin

Comment

Many years ago, a long-time friend of mine, Robert Cress from Long Island, New York, now unfortunately deceased, acquired the Soldbuch, award documents and wartime photos directly from Oberfeldwebel Friedrich Rapp, who served with the "Grossdeutschland" Panzer Regiment. Rapp received the Tank Assault Badge in Silver (this is the only original document that I have, which is signed by von Arnim), the E.K. II, the E.K. I, Wound Badge in Black, Wound Badge in Silver (he lost his right arm!), German Cross in Gold and the "25" Tank Assault Badge. Before Robert died, he sold Rapp's awards and some of his photos to me. After Robert died, Robert's wife reportedly sold Robert's collection, including Rapp's Soldbuch and award documents, to Wolfe and Hardin in California.
                          I am posting photocopies of the Soldbuch, award documents and some of Rapp's photos. I would love to re-unite Rapp's medals with his Soldbuch, award documents and other original photos, so I am asking everyone to keep their eyes open for them. I believe that a collector in the U.S. probably has them. I would pay a great price for the documents and Soldbuch and also can offer some great items for trade.

Barry
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Stormfighter; 02-06-2012, 09:27 PM.

Comment

--
                            Attached Files

Comment

---
                              Attached Files

Comment

----
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X