Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DK in silver Godet

Hello,

i have been offered this cross today. As i had never had a Godet cross before i would gladly hear some opinions on it. The weight is around 71,5 gramm which what i believe to be an accepted weight for this type of cross (read it in an older thread).
    I hope the pictures are clear enough to show the details. The swaz has some small chips but not deep.

Regards

Heinrich
    Attached Files

back
    Attached Files

Comment

Date Detail. The wreath is silver, only some parts in the picture appear like gold or brass- maybe from my camera.
      Attached Files

Comment

rivets
        Attached Files

Comment

hinge
          Attached Files

Comment

hook
            Attached Files

Comment

makers mark
              Attached Files

Comment

Open hinge detail
                Attached Files

Comment

Fine original Goget

Comment

-

IMO not original!

Comment

Probably I was mistaken, but i like this. All attributes original Godet. I like date, but a wreath? Here my Godet, but my late variant. Study of leaves on early and late wreaths can was different?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

thanks for you replies so far. I found some similarities with other Godet DKs- the makers mark looks quite convincing.

Maybe some other members could also confirm it is good or bad, as i had the cross until sunday in my possesion.

Comment

Your cross is good, but I wish to hear other collectors - that is not pleasant to them here. I see different leaves of a wreath

Comment

Hi,

sorry but from photos strong doubts I have, reverse and mm are okay but wreath, date and wreath dimentions are not right. Need to have big scan images.

Ivan

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

i think the cross is definately original, the black sunburnt, the hinge and hook, everything.....is good for me, but the wreath and maybe the swastika has been changed.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X