Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with identifying Mercedes truck

Hello,
    I need some help with identifying the truck in this photo. It is taken in the Stuttgart area around 1939-1941. My best guess would be that it is a L3000 or L1500 truck, but any information would be deeply appreciated.

Also, I have marked two objects in the picture, and any information about what they can be would also be very helpful. One of the objects looks like it could be part of a crane. Did those small cranes exist during that time period? I have not been able to source any other photo of such a crane.

Best wishes and thanks in advance.

truck

Hi,

Not sure of the truck designation, but the "bar" you highlighted is the canvas tilt support that runs fron behind the drivers cab to the rear of the cargo body, and the second item you query is the rolled up canvas of the tilt, also seen sticking out at the side of the cargo body.

In other words the trucks canvas tilt is like a ridge tent.

cheers lennard

Comment

Mercedes Truck

Hello, the car is a Mercedes Benz L 3000S KG Hans

Comment

Ridge tent

Of course! How easy it is once you get your perspective right! Thanks a million Lennard! I also managed to find an image of a similar canvas.

Also a big thanks to Hans, who confirmed my own guess!

Comment

Canvas

Now, all I need is to find some images or other documentation on the construction of such a truck cover. And again, I would value the help from the xperts in this forum.

Comment

The installation behind the cabin and the device behind the bumper indicate that the truck is powered by wood gas...

Jens

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X