Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW R12 frame styles

Hello,

I noticed there are different frames for the R12 out?

Mostly complete straight lines from front to back, and then frames that are angled on the rear right side end only and left end is straight.

Does anyone know why that is or was there sometime a frame change undergoing?

In the photo below is the starting point where the frame goes angled inside.
    Attached Files

R12 Frames

The should all be offset (bent) at the rear to align the gearbox output shaft with the rear drive input spigot. Its not unheard of for people to buy the frames and get the straightened only to realise the rear should be inset by about 30mm.

Regards

Bigsie

Comment

thank you Bigsie,

from many online photos and the R12 I own the frame is bended. A friend of mine visited me and mentioned his one is straight, that is why I wondered.

Comment

Frame

There is a company in Germany (RRC) that can align frame to the correct off-set. Though it means stripping the bike down completely.

Your R12 look nice and original?

Regards

Bigise

Comment

It looks good, but the right Boxer needs repair assume Conrod bearing as valves are OK. Talked already to Wolfgang and will bring him my bike sometime as I dont know the engines inside condition and then let all at once done.
          Frame, Engine Nr WH delivered,11/57 & original Steib, SUM and Veigel.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X