Kubelwagen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubelwagen

Decided to re paint my licence plate it looked to new so i aged it. Regards Paul. 20200614_221432.jpg

Pic2 20200614_221357.jpg

Comment

The only problem is do you drive on the open road with the current climate,.....

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Woodbyrne View Post
        The only problem is do you drive on the open road with the current climate,.....
        why not i use my 43 jeep weekly and yesterday went for a ride on my 39 BMW no problems at all (well a few with the bike as is not been out for a run for a few months)

Comment

yes a jeep no problem ss plates you might get attacked......?

Comment

Nice job on the plate aging but it looks out of place on your Type 82 since the plates look beat up compared to your Kubel. In fact a quick spot check of license plates on period photos of WWII Kubelwagens show that some of the plates are dirty none of them look beat-up like your aged plates.

Comment

That looks makes it more subdued...less visible so the SS stands out less...for those who would get offended...???? (front plate)

Comment

Originally posted by Tanker Mike View Post
                Nice job on the plate aging but it looks out of place on your Type 82 since the plates look beat up compared to your Kubel. In fact a quick spot check of license plates on period photos of WWII Kubelwagens show that some of the plates are dirty none of them look beat-up like your aged plates.
                I have to agree with this, I don't think the rust effect would have happened in service. Did you consider using off-white instead of flat white to make them appear less 'shiny brand-spanking new'?

Your Kubel is lovely.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Woodbyrne View Post
                  yes a jeep no problem ss plates you might get attacked......?
                  Dont you have UK legal plates for the road every vehicle i have is road legal all my German bikes have SS or WH plates but not for normal riding/driving

Comment

Yes i have road legal plates, but dont use them, i think this would solve the problem, having said that why should i have to cover them up its history so just live with it.

Comment

is its history a SS kubel ? .Most ww2 vehicle owners dont realy mind street legal plates as they allow them to enjoy driving/riding legally any time for fun and enjoyment especially after a long rebuild

Comment

I cover mine up with refrigerator magnets when i drive on the street, and when trailering it on public roads. I am afraid in todays climate someone may see the runes and put two and two together and vandalize me at a rest stop or restaurant...or even driving dow nthye road i have an open trailer ...i was going to make some that said "peace " or " or a guy sticking his thumb out,funk bros style or "Thing " !!! my legal plate i hang off the rear notek with an equiptment strap !!!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X