September 1939 Polen Feldzug German soldier equipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pzo View Post
    I have found this picture in soft cover book on German Infantry. Description says that this is 50th Infanterie Division in september of 1939 in Poland. What do You think about circumstances? Do You think that soldiers are wearing Y straps and A frames?
    Too low to be A-frame . IMO looks like breadbag strap with attached Zelt and Messkit .
    Look at zelt and messkit ; how messkit is attached with strap to zelt carrying straps.

Comment

Originally posted by anmarlodz View Post
      Too low to be A-frame . IMO looks like breadbag strap with attached Zelt and Messkit .
      Look at zelt and messkit ; how messkit is attached with strap to zelt carrying straps.
      I agree with Marcin....some kind of improvised kit.
      SF Mike

Comment

My pre-war gear

Here's my pre-1940 gear set. Everything 1939 or earlier. Even the (brown) mess kit strap and tornister straps. The zelt in a 1938 brown version.
        SF Mike
        Attached Files

Comment

Early straps for mess kit and tornister, with aluminium buckles, are really hard to find! 1938 dated Zelbahn with that colors variant of camouflage is stunning. Mike, please show more details of straps and Zeltbahn.

Comment

Early straps for mess kit and tornister, with aluminium buckles, are really hard to find! 1938 dated Zelbahn with that colors variant of camouflage is stunning. Mike, please show more details of straps and Zeltbahn.
            Detail of the Zelt & Marking. I will post a detail of the straps marking as well.

LLG der Segelmacher, Berlin, 1938:
            Attached Files

Comment

Mess Kit strap detail. 56mm / 8 holes, aluminum buckle marked: "Conrad Schnrz. Wosel, 1937" and "LBA". Also unit marked (not shown) "L. Nachr.Abtlg. I/15" (Luft. Signals Unit).

SF Mike
              Attached Files

Comment

Tornister Straps.
                One is marked "___" (Illegible maker) "Hamburg 1936", "LBA" and also unit marked (to an illegible Luft Flak unit) "!936 II"
                The other is marked "Franz Brehme, Walsrode" but alas I cannot make out the date. (not pictured).
                Attached Files

Comment

Other items from this early gear set:
                  Leather Frog marked "G. Schaub Rotenberg a.F" and "1936" with Kradschul unit marking (stamped on top of an Artillery Unit marking).
                  Attached Files

Comment

Other items from this early gear set:
                    Early spade carrier marked "Otto Stephan Lederwerk, Mühlhausen / Th. 1937" with early WaA mark. Matching (date) spade marked "REX 1937"

SF Mike
                    Attached Files

Comment

Nice job guys! Very impressive

Comment

Thank You Mike for sharing! Very nice examples. I like bayonet frog too. Not long ago I received original leather strap by means of which Gasplane had been attached to gas mask cannister. Seller separated strap drom the reason unknown. Now it makes an original set once again and I hope forever...
                        Attached Files

Comment

More pictures.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Bayonet

Bayonet S 238 G made by Dürkopp Werke Actiengesellschaft, Bielefeld in 1935. SN 8676 f. All matching. Interesting frog made by Otto Sindel from Berlin in 1936, with brass rivets. I have one poor condition frog, also with brass rivets, made by Otto Jahnke from Berlin, Oranienstr 131. I think it is gonna be my restoration project.
                            Attached Files

Comment

More pictures
                              Attached Files

Comment

More pictures.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X