Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

September 1939 Polen Feldzug German soldier equipment

Fellow collectors,
    I encourage You to place here pictures of Your sets of equipment as well as original pictures from september 1939 campaign in Poland, showing German soldier with field gear in use.
    Attached Files

Very nice early set! Very well done!

Erik

Comment

Originally posted by pzo View Post
      Fellow collectors,
      I encourage You to place here pictures of Your sets of equipment as well as original pictures from september 1939 campaign in Poland, showing German soldier with field gear in use.
      Nice set. There is M34 backpacka or M39 backpack with Y-straps ?
      I'm asking cause M39 backpack with Y-straps and A-frames were introduced in late 1939 so should not be a part of german soldier field equipment during September 1939.

Comment

Originally posted by anmarlodz View Post
        Nice set. There is M34 backpacka or M39 backpack with Y-straps ?
        I'm asking cause M39 backpack with Y-straps and A-frames were introduced in late 1939 so should not be a part of german soldier field equipment during September 1939.
        It is M34 Tornister. Dated 1938. I bet that before introducing new patterns in 1939, Y straps and A frames underwent field tests during 1939 campaign. We only need to find correct picture

Comment

Not sure about the date but uniforms and equipment look pretty early.
          Attached Files

Comment

Nice to see the Pioniere related items displayed, axe/measuring tape, saw and tool pouch. Would the wide belt in the lower right of the image be some type of climbing harness????
            Regards
            Bern

Comment

Not sure about the date but uniforms and equipment look pretty early.
              Fantastic photo - love the gasplane's on display.

Thanks for sharing it

Comment

Hello
                Beautiful display
                Best regards
                Francois

Comment

Originally posted by Bern View Post
                  Nice to see the Pioniere related items displayed, axe/measuring tape, saw and tool pouch. Would the wide belt in the lower right of the image be some type of climbing harness????
                  Regards
                  Bern
                  Yes, I also noticed this broad belt. I have no idea of its purpose

Comment

Originally posted by IanC View Post
                    Fantastic photo - love the gasplane's on display.

Thanks for sharing it
                    What are the earliest examples of gasplane? I bet that there is some instruction introducing it. I was lucky to find 1939 example.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Details and maker.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Infanterie Gruppe or Squad. Interesting is "cupless" Feldflasche.
                        Attached Files

Comment

september Polen

equipment
                          Attached Files

Comment

What are the earliest examples of gasplane? I bet that there is some instruction introducing it. I was lucky to find 1939 example.

Hi

The gascape (together with other gas-related items, like "Leichte Gasbekleidung", Gas Flags etc) were introduced in the Winter of 1938 / 1939

Earliest one I have seen is 39 but I'm sure there are earlier (1938) examples out there

The Gasplane was oficially introduced to the troops with order HM 210 dated march 15 1939 (together with the Satz leichte Gasbekleidung 39)

Here my 1939 example

I also have the official manual dated January 12, 1939 which introduces the Gascape.....

Tom
                            www.mp44.nl

Comment

Thank You very much Tom! Great knowledge and beautiful pieces from Your collection! How soon soldiers started to attach Gasplane to gas mask can? Is that instruction says that it is forbidden to carry it that way?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X