Unknown "Ketten" container

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown "Ketten" container

I bought this container last month in Germany. I only havent got an idea where it was used for. Maby someone knows what for a sort of "Ketten" it should contain.

The container has the desert colour but I don't think it was uses by the DAK. Maby someone also knows if it was used by the DAK or not.

I hope someone can help me!

I now see, I can't put a foto with this Thread. If you like, I can send you one.

Greetings from Holland!

Frank

I'll discribe the box.

The box is about 20 cm high ,35 cm. long and 20 cm. wide.

It has the desert colour and on the top you can read in black: Ketten.

The box has round corners, 1 handle at the top, and 1 lock at the front.
    At the inside of the container there's a plate with a hole in it , attached to the container by 2 hinges.

Comment

Originally posted by German_military
      I bought this container last month in Germany. I only havent got an idea where it was used for. Maby someone knows what for a sort of "Ketten" it should contain.

The container has the desert colour but I don't think it was uses by the DAK. Maby someone also knows if it was used by the DAK or not.

I hope someone can help me!

I now see, I can't put a foto with this Thread. If you like, I can send you one.

Greetings from Holland!

Frank
      Hello Frank,

You can send them to me. I'll try to post them in this thread.
      gelpe_gertje@yahoo.com

Marcel

Comment

These are the pictures Frank would like to show to the forum.

#1:
        Attached Files

Comment

#2:

Please refer to Frank for your opinions/thoughts. Pictures are posted on his behalf.
          Attached Files

Comment

I have never seen one. I am fairly certain it is not DAK. It is ordnance tan, the same as ammo boxes, binoculars and gas cans produced in mid to late war. I have a case marked "Nur Fur Tropen" and the color is much different.
            Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Comment

Hi Frank

Colorado is right- that's RAL7028 Dunkelgelb- the DAK color is more like a mix of tan and 'fleshtone' (I have a Wasser canister from the desert and a Kraftstoff canister from Russia, so I can see the two colors side-by-side).

As for what could have gone in the case, I have NO idea Unfortunately, the word 'Ketten' can mean anything from a thin chain to tank tracks. Obviously the latter didn't come in the case, but its features don't suggest anything specific I'm afraid.

Matt

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X