Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K43 Pouches bla1944?

Howdy gents,

I received two pair of "bla1944", K43 pouches today. I have some questions for the experts who know the type two K43 ammo pouches.

The pair of bla1944 pouches I have are of a relatively thin, smooth, black leather sewn and rivited. The "bla 1944" is in the right hand pouch compartment with the bla just above the 1944. On the back side are two brown belt loops that are ladder stiched on. The "D" ring is welded at the joint on the top of the flat part and it is rivited to the back of the pouch by a pair of rivits that are 1 CM apart (vs the ATF that is 5 MM apart). The sewing is perfectly straight and on the back side the lower and outer seams are 5 MM from the edge. Also the pouch has the smell of an very old boot (just like the smell of my K98 pouches)

Question: Does this sound correct? I don't have any pictures I have to buy a digital camera. Could someone post their authentic "bla1944", K43 pouches please to compair. Thank you.

Steve

g43

picture 1
    Attached Files

Comment

picture 2

picture 2 for you
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Rob for the pictures. Do you have a picture of the bla markings? On the Claus Espeholts website, he states that the bla marking is on the lid of the pouch cover (he dosen't show a picture of it however). My pouches have the marking in the right hand (if you are looking at the front of the pouch) pouch just below the lid? Please let me know that I'm just splitting hairs.

P.S. This question is open to anyone who might know.

Thank you. Respectfully Steve

Comment

Anyone out there with a picture of the "bla1944" markings or comments on how and where the "bla" marking should be/look, please post.

Thanks Steve

Comment

Originally posted by airborne_steve
            Anyone out there with a picture of the "bla1944" markings or comments on how and where the "bla" marking should be/look, please post.

Thanks Steve
            Steve,
            I'll post pic's tonight!
            Robert

Comment

Thank you Rob.

I want to think that I'm just over-reacting but I want to make sure that my pouches are the same as yours. By the look of the pictures, you sent, so far so good. My K43 pouches cost me a fortune and I would hate to think I bought a fake.
              Cheers, Steve

Originally posted by Robert Zimkas
              Steve,
              I'll post pic's tonight!
              Robert

Comment

Not trying to create any fear here, as I have a set of these "bla44" pouches too, but these do not sell for anywhere as much as other K43 pouches do. Tan Ersatz ones will easily bring 2 to 3 times as much. I was interested in a comment that Bergflak made on another thread about these pouches. I too am, and may still be, very suspicous of anything today being found in large numbers, especially from the East. But, I do like these pouches and have seen some of the best repros out there for many years. I recall when these things came into the US being used as packing padding for weapons accessories that were purchased from former Soviet armories. This shipment went to a rather well-known weapon's dealer in Ohio. So, I really believed that they are ok. And, I still do. But, am keeping an open mind on these.

Steve, not trying to scare you concerning your purchase as these pouches are now in some of the most advanced collections. But, I would love to hear from those in Europe as to how common these pouches are over there. Would love to hear what others may know about these, and am encouraging a healthy discussion about these.

Here are the two sets that I own.

Willi
                Attached Files
                Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Steve, my bla44 pouch is marked on the inside of the right pouch, when looking at it. The marking is directly to the left of the leather reenforcement material that is inside the flap. Unlike yours, though, mine has black straps to the rear rather than brown.

Here's a portion of the note that came with mine:

"I had three MINT original G-43 mag pouches. One sold on ebay for $xxx, and the second went for $xxx. I would sell you this last one for $xxx, and it would come with a LIFETIME, DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE of its WWII German Authenticity."

I hang onto the note for "insurance".

Comment

Steve,

Here are the markings you ask for, the person who sent me these also sent a month before a VERY nice set of "ros" brown pouches that I sent to Norway, they too came from the former Soviet Union. I received them as payment for services rendered ( no nothing strange ).

Regards,
                    Robert
                    Attached Files

Comment

another shot

Another shot!!!!!!!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Steve, my markings are also exactly where Robert shows his.

Comment

Steve, my markings are also located in the same general area. I must also add that they are very difficult to see. If you were not looking for them,they would be easy to miss. I also discovered that my pair has shrunk a bit, when I put magazines into the pouch, it is hard to close without putting stress on the closure straps. Mine also came with a light coat of mold and dirt, which was easily removed. Oxidation is also present on the rivets and closure stud. All of my experience tells me this pouch is genuine, but I agree with Willi on this one. I am keeping an open mind! Jeff
                          "Great hunter yes! great fisherman yes! fine figure of a man yes! that is all you need to know" Jeremiah Johnson.

Comment

Thanks guys!!

My pouches are the same as all of yours. I feel alot better now knowing that the majority of you believe that the "bla" pouches are authentic for the most part.

The fact that my pouches are unissued, near mint but have that old leather smell and the slightest of rust on the studs that tells me that they are real (also the construction lends it's self to being real)

Again thanks for all your help

Respectfully
                            Steve

Comment

Hi all

As a ammo pouch collector I am mostly collecting the K98 pouches from obvius reasons and I like asking the forum members why!!
                              All pouches of the old normal type K98 that came out of Russia are very louzy, smelling bad from tar and in the same time dirty and flatned? All rigth many are in a nice conditions inside but outside Holy!!

In the contery most of the G/K43 pouches I have seen both here and somewhere else, are mainly in a very nice conditions both inside and outside?

Once again why should the Russian Army inventory's guy's have taken more care of G/K 43 pouches that the K98 in the storage facility !!

Thats give's me bad dreams and I am missing a good reason if so?

Any Explanations

Regards
                              Kim

Originally posted by airborne_steve
                              Thanks guys!!

My pouches are the same as all of yours. I feel alot better now knowing that the majority of you believe that the "bla" pouches are authentic for the most part.

The fact that my pouches are unissued, near mint but have that old leather smell and the slightest of rust on the studs that tells me that they are real (also the construction lends it's self to being real)

Again thanks for all your help

Respectfully
                              Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X