Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top $$$ for Czech shoes on eBay!!!

http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...EBDW%3AIT&rd=1

Poor fella........I wouldn't like to be "in his shoes";400 Eurollars for a pair of genuine Czech lowboots !
    look at the inner leather thongue.....made of two pieces of leather sewn together....this is one of the details that help and ascertain whether a pair of shoes could be WW2 German or not!Tongues made of two pieces of leather are very rarely encountered on very late,last-ditch mod 44 lowboots and Bergschuhe!Of course....there will be someone popping out with a pair of true-blue Hyper-late M37 or M44,RBNred and stuff...but in this case there will be other details that will speak for themselves and tell you that these shoes(not the ones on eBay, of course!) are genuine!
    Manny
    Last edited by derspiess63; 03-22-2004, 03:13 PM.

Look at these....auctioned(and sold)last May on eBay!The seller was a well-known US dealer and the buyer was....another well-known US dealer !
    The latter paid $570 for them.....three years ago I paid nearly $40 for a pair of these shoes(mint and found in a depot in Tuscany,where they had been resting for the past 60 years and for this reason they can rightly be considered"period"!) that I wear when re-enacting!
    I know....the similarity between these lowboots and the M44s is frightenly hair-raising,yet there are many details that tell the two apart!

Comment

Its time for you to write a book!

I follow every one of your post and threads as this is an area of where I know little and will probably get stung at sometime or another....

How about doing us ALL a favor and writing a Shiffer book with nice big detail pictures of your shoes, plus all the other fake and "period" look alikes.

I would pay $100 EASY for a book like that!

Comment

Originally posted by daktari
        I follow every one of your post and threads as this is an area of where I know little and will probably get stung at sometime or another....

How about doing us ALL a favor and writing a Shiffer book with nice big detail pictures of your shoes, plus all the other fake and "period" look alikes.

I would pay $100 EASY for a book like that!
        Hi Daktari,
        my best friend and I have been thinking about a book for a very long time now,not only about one focusing on footwear but about another one focusing on the WH/LW uniforms of the Italian Campaign 1943/1945 as well; problem is......making a book costs a lot of money and time and you've got to find a reliable editor like Schiffer and Rayton,just to name two,willing to support your project!
        I've been collecting for the past two decades and a half and I've been lucky enough to find beautiful pieces in the first place and to study them thoroughly, avoiding to get stung later.As you can see, I'm trying to do my best to help fellow collectors and avoid to learn the lesson the hard way,sure that they'll do the same with me when I'll find myself before something I know little about!
        A few days ago I posted a few pictures of"textbook"(yeach!) M37 and M44 specimens...these photographs show you what a pair of those MUST look like!
        At the time being I'm choosing a new camera and as soon as I've made my mind up I'll pick a type of lowboot or knobelbecher at a time and show it in every conceivable detail!I reckon we should do that with tropical equipments and stuff as well and f##k the fakers....we'll learn what a genuine specimen should look like and they'd be hard-pressed replicating it 123%!
        Hope that helps!
        Manny
        Hope that

Comment

So is that a "Yes", there is a book in the future?

For what it is worth, I would do the boot book first, and then have a seperate book with the Africa stuff in it. As 1944 lowboots may seem out of place in Africa book.

I would buy both though....

Really!

Comment

Originally posted by daktari
            So is that a "Yes", there is a book in the future?

For what it is worth, I would do the boot book first, and then have a seperate book with the Africa stuff in it. As 1944 lowboots may seem out of place in Africa book.

I would buy both though....

Really!
            Sorry Daktari...it's not a "yes"!By the way.....the other book should have focused on the Italian Campaign and not the African one.....plenty of M44s worn by German troops in Italy!Stay tuned and you'll save the money;you'll find the references you need here!
            Best
            Manny

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X