Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

webbing belt and Y-strap

Hello everybody,

I am looking for an opinion on these webbing items. http://www.schurgers.nl/afbeelding%203.htm Although they look OK! to me I don't consider my self expirienced enough to buy them without a second opinion.

The books are telling me that webbing belts and Y-straps also seen action in the Europe theathre. Specially later in the war. Does anyone have any "proof" for that? It would be very interesting to see some pictures.

Last question: what is a decent price for the items?

Willem Schurgers

I have a drawing from a panzergrenadier in Omaha beach that is wearing the y-straps you mentioned. The pic is in one of the book: Men at arms nr. 315 (i think) the German army at the Western front 1939-1945 nr.5

Cheers,
    Junior.

Comment

Hi Schurgers

I have found webbing Y-Straps in an old farmhouse in Austria where heavy fights against the soviet army took place in 1945. So you can be sure that webbing items were used also in europe.

price in europe ca 100 - 130 Euros ...in USA i dont know

Comment

hello !!!
        I have real doubts about this straps.. and a belt buckle.... You may post better pictures.. but IMHO straps are made of czech canvas.. and buckle can be a fake too.....

Comment

r
          Last edited by derspiess63; 02-26-2004, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Hi Willem
            Mike is right...these web Y straps are copies made in Czech Republic with Czech webbing,but please keep in mind that they(the FUC##NG fakers) sometimes use WW2 German webbing straps which were originally used for other equipments,from parachutes to stretchers!Moreover,if you compare them to the real thing you'll see for yourself how different they are, although they may look fairly similar to an untrained eye!
            As soon as my camera will be repaired I'll post some photos of webbing equipments and who knows...a new thread will see the light!
            The buckle is a fake too,even if it seems as if it was made using an original die;there are a few details that give it away, but I won't disclose them here in order not to help the fore-mentioned crooks and improve their skills!
            On to your question concerning the use of webbing equipment in Europe;yes,there are many photos of German soldiers using webbing equipment in Europe, but not necessarily only towards the end of the war.In the book"God Honor,Fatherland"by R.Spezzano & T.McGuirl you'll find many photos of German GD soldiers wearing web Y straps.At page 74,for example,you can see the photo of an infantryman hitching a ride aboard a Stug during the advance down the great bend of the Don in mid-July 1942 wearing web Y straps.More photos on pages49(July'42)80,81,82(same month),108(March1943),173,174,186(may1944).
            Hope it helps!
            Groetjes uit
            Manuel
            Last edited by derspiess63; 02-26-2004, 08:30 PM.

Comment

I hope these are what we are talking about by being used in WW2
              Attached Files
              DaveJ

Comment

Here is an end, only marking is on the leather
                Attached Files
                DaveJ

Comment

Web "Y" straps in the US are $400+ I can't tell from those photos whether they are good or bad.

Comment

hello !! me again I am glad Manuel that we both agree..
                    these straps posted by Schurgers are fake for sure... what's bad with them is webbing - which is crappy.. and 100% czech
                    also.. fakers didnt care enough about hardware - look - there are still post war czech metal parts !! thanks to fakers - they made crap this time

PS who is offering these ??? so we can avoid this seller in future

also belt buckle - if this one is marked A for Assmann - then I am almost positive it's a fake too.. After having fake straps.. and propably buckle - my feelings to web belt it self are wery cold

about web straps on european fronts - they were in massive use on east science late 1942..

Dave - Yours look good !! ( just crapy pictures
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Kuligow; 02-27-2004, 07:07 AM.

Comment

Now - the good stuff

cheers !!
                      Attached Files

Comment

I had some problems with posting pictures.. I put 5 at one post - but links were not visible.. hmm.. what's going on ??
                        now I have to put 5 posts ..
                        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

this Y-straps were marked with rbnr...
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X