Show us your RBNrs!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show us your RBNrs!!!!

Jan graciously allowed me to begin this thread with a set of Y straps reflecting an RBnr that is quite uncommon. It does not begin with the usual "0". I would like to see any other items in your collections that do not begin with "0" that are unquestionable. From what I can tell, their should be only "0" or "1". Can anyone prove this theory wrong?

Hi
    I have been collecting RB.Nr from equipment around from a lot of sources for about 4 yrs. now and I have been looking into my files checking and found about 10 different numbers starting with 1/xxxx/xxxx and it's mostly ammo pouches but also a y-straps found also a single pouch who begun with RF.Nr (Reich Fabrik) and the 1/xxxx/xxxx so it’s correct RB / RF numbers are found starting with an 1/ xxxx/xxxx.
    I am still trying to find the “system” that can solve the riddle about the RB.Numbers and there connections to the Makers? But I need some help here from all of you guy's around. Please help write down the RB numbers you found on the various equipment especially if some other markings are presents. Looking forward to hear from you. In case feel free to use my personal mail address if it’s ok with the Moderator.

Regards

Kim

Comment

better share the info here
      Collection : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=807895

Comment

Hi again
        Forgot to comment you are correct about the use of numbers I only have seen 0/ and 1/ where 1/ are quit uncommon as you mentioned too.

Kim

Comment

Hi François
          Agree about that but some could find the topic boring or am I wrong here??
          Regards
          Kim

Comment

No, it is more than an interesting thread and I would like it to be developped here - let see what is coming
            Collection : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=807895

Comment

Well, would the RBN No. found on para helmet liners be the same company that previously used to put its full name inside?
              Wood

Comment

Kim, I think that Willi can answer that question. Also, the RBNr issue is one that I bring up because of a recent purchase of a field cap. The cap, to me and everyone that looked at it, was considered to be WW2 origin. All construction methods seemed correct. But, there was one flaw. An RBnr that began with "9". I inquired of a few people that agreed that in their opinion all RBnrs should begin with "0". Of course, I have since found out through some private e-mails with Kim that they can also be found with a beginning number of "1". Thanks Kim! Jan's Y strap photo above confirms that this is true. So, the real issue is RBnrs. and what is right and what is wrong. There are many clothing pieces that are marked with these numbers as well. These numbers alone may be a good indicator of the authenticity of an item. That's really why I asked for people to check their known original items and see what they've got. If the theory is correct, it gives us another thing to look at when studying items with regard to authenticity. We look at a maker's mark when studying caps. An RBnr is simply another maker's mark that has long been ignored.

Comment

Hi Jack

You are truly right about that and thats why I am searching after the key to open and translate the RB.Nr to "who are the Maker".
                  Regards
                  Kim

Comment

Hi wood
                    Yes I think there can be a high level of thruth in that but consider how many makers of liners who exists I mean how many makers are known by the collectors?

Regards
                    Kim
                    Originally posted by Wood
                    Well, would the RBN No. found on para helmet liners be the same company that previously used to put its full name inside?
                    Wood

Comment

Very interesting thread. I have a pair of cartridge pouches with Maker Name AND RB-Nr, but I mentioned that it in a previous thread already to Kim.

I know one more pair of Y-straps with the 1/----/----, dated 1943. I have not seen it myself. It was in an auction on ebay which ended on March 15 2003. The number is the same as on the piece from Jan shown above. The number was neither mentioned in the description of the auction nor was it to be seen on the photo. I know number and year because I aksed the seller. Possibly it is the same piece that Jan now has. Maybe he can comment if he bought it on ebay in March this year.

In his Stahlhelm-opus Ludiwg Baer mentions several RB-Nrs connected with makers of helmets and -parts, at least in the German three-volume edition. If they are not known already, I can look for them.

Johannes

Comment

Hello Jack, Kim and Johannes...

This is a very interesting thread, although I can't add much.

Johannes, the straps were bought around 5 years ago in a militaria-shop in Belgium, it is not the one from Ebay...

Kind regards

Jan
                        'Arzt und Soldat'

Comment

Hi
                          As mentioned before I am interested in all information’s regarding the RB /RF numbers from all kind of sources and for you who are interested let me give you this info. I have registered 129 different RB/RF numbers related to ammo pouches and about 280 related to all kind of different equipment some numbers are repeated like RB. Nr 0/0485/0002 that are found on ammo pouches, belts, helmet liner, tornister, frog and probably more. So be awake and let me know.

Regards

Kim

QUOTE=Jan Beazaer]Hello Jack, Kim and Johannes...

This is a very interesting thread, although I can't add much.

Johannes, the straps were bought around 5 years ago in a militaria-shop in Belgium, it is not the one from Ebay...

Kind regards

Jan[/QUOTE]

Comment

Rb Nrs

Hi Guys
                            This is a highly intresting thread on a subject still to be fully researched,
                            here is a picture of some markings that have puzzled me for a while, the item is a long type flare carrier with rb number BUT also a faint Breslau makers logo ??? this I thought was contradictory as the whole idea of the rb codes (I Thought) was to keep the location secret to prevent bombing raids . Does anyone else have anything with similar features?

Cheers Sean
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Sean
                              This is what I ment and if you out there do have something like this an combined markings I'll would like to see it because it can help us to solve the problem. And you are rigth about those guys they aren't hide much this way so they have misunderstood the whole meaning of the RB.Numbers but I have to believe it only was starting problems and someone "helped" the company into the meaning later on! BTW can you made a close-up of the ink stamp for deciphering of the Maker.
                              I have one pouch and a entrance tool holster? with maker and RB.Nr
                              Thanks in advance

Kim
                              Originally posted by sean weber
                              Hi Guys
                              This is a highly intresting thread on a subject still to be fully researched,
                              here is a picture of some markings that have puzzled me for a while, the item is a long type flare carrier with rb number BUT also a faint Breslau makers logo ??? this I thought was contradictory as the whole idea of the rb codes (I Thought) was to keep the location secret to prevent bombing raids . Does anyone else have anything with similar features?

Cheers Sean

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X