Question : Selling Nazi Stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question : Selling Nazi Stuff

Hi guys and girls. I have a question for you. I sold a pair or binoculars before on ebay that was from the Nazi era (had the swastika). Now I have a couple of Rosenthal dishes (plates) that's from that era and has the Nazi swastika on the back. I listed on ebay and ebay just removed it less than 5 hours after I list it.
    Do you know what can I do. How can I re-list or is there any other auction place where I can sell stuff like that? Please let me know know I would highly appreciate it! Thanks

marian

Originally posted by marianchem View Post

Hi guys and girls. I have a question for you. I sold a pair or binoculars before on ebay that was from the Nazi era (had the swastika). Now I have a couple of Rosenthal dishes (plates) that's from that era and has the Nazi swastika on the back. I listed on ebay and ebay just removed it less than 5 hours after I list it.
    Do you know what can I do. How can I re-list or is there any other auction place where I can sell stuff like that? Please let me know know I would highly appreciate it! Thanks

marian
    Ebay will continue to boot you with German WWII items.

Become a member here and you may sell on the estand. You will not have retards bidding your stuff up to ridiculous levels, but with a fair price an item on the estand generally sells.

Comment

q

or put it on the german ebay site they dont seem to bother there??????

Comment

I think the German ebay site would not allow it because selling Nazi material to certain countries like France, Austria and maybe Germany is illegal. There has to be other auction sites that would allow it. I wonder how was I allowed to sell the pair of binoculars!
        fknorr, i would like to sell my stuff on an auction site to get the best price possible that's why...

Comment

If you cover the swastika it might post and make no reference to the word "Nazi" just list it as a Rosenthal plates circa 39-45 it might be ok there. Ebay can be strange at times... one time they will let something stand other times they pull it. But yet coins and stamps whith swastikas are ok dosen't make sense a swastika is a swastika so why do they allow stamps and coinsand currency with them on it?

Comment

Cover the swaz, don't mention 'nazi' and use the phrase 'From the TR period' instead and it should be ok.

Comment

When you signed up for eBay you agreed to their rules, which includes the rule that items bearing the swastika that are not stamps, coins or books cannot be sold on their site. Even if you cover the swastika, the item is not allowed, the rules are clearly stated. If you sell the items here at a reasonable price you will find buyers. Breaking the rules to try to get the highest price possible is greedy, unless you are not a collector but a dealer, and if that is the case you are on your own!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pittman View Post
                When you signed up for eBay you agreed to their rules, which includes the rule that items bearing the swastika that are not stamps, coins or books cannot be sold on their site. Even if you cover the swastika, the item is not allowed, the rules are clearly stated. If you sell the items here at a reasonable price you will find buyers. Breaking the rules to try to get the highest price possible is greedy, unless you are not a collector but a dealer, and if that is the case you are on your own!

I agree. if your not a collector but only looking to profit as much as possible then go your own way. why should true collectors help out those who are only looking out for their bank folds when the pieces to them arent worth squat. then sell them for squat to someone who will treasure them. Glenn

Comment

Well, i did agree to ebay rules when i signed up! BUT what rules?? rules that say you're not supposed to sell stuff from the Nazi era that promotes hate or discrimination. How can a dish plate promote anything???? why are there more than 300 NON-STAMP NON-COIN items under "NAZI" collectible search on ebay?? can you answet that question? why are there DOUBLE STANDARDS i dont understand! It's not fair at all. I'm a college student and would like to make the most i can, just like any other seller either dealer or amatuer, everybody wants the highest price. If you tell me that is not true, then you're lieing to yourself and others.
                  Ebay rules came about when France sued ebay for some Nazi stuff the site was listing, the US has no problems with Nazi memorabilia, ebay has only problems with listing Nazi memorabilia with Europe. The US and Canada don't give a darn.

Comment

Some of the European countries, esp the Frenchies, want to make to swastika an illegal symbol euro wide. You won't be able to have it on anything, let alone be able to sell it. What scares you will eventually defeat you, I think the saying goes.

Comment

Hello,
                      Its like you think we can help you sell your items on Ebay, we cant. Take it up with Ebay, email them and see how far you get.

Some people are happy making a fair $ on their items, I assume you got them and didnt buy them for top dollar...I would like to get top dollar for everything but how realistic is that!

Go list the items on Epier or some other site, try www.google.com and type in auction sites. Im sure one of those sites will surely provide you with the top dollar you seek!

I dont mean to offend...
                      Regards

Comment

I didnt' really seek help from you guys selling it on ebay, i was just "wondering" if anybody knew of any other auction site that is less censored. Im not really hard=headed in terms of trying to make top-dollar, i just dont want to end up selling it for cheap, a fair price would do. The advantage auction sites have is that you get a real good price sometimes if not most of the times, that's why there are millions and millions of members selling, from doctors and lawyers, to your average Joe. Ebay or an auction site is the way to go no doubt about that. I'm just exploring my options that's all... If i had a bunch of those plates then i might not be as consistent as i am now on an auction site, but i only have a couple...

Comment

And you can't sell them here. Items can only be sold on the estand and if you are fishing for sales here you will get suspended. That should have been in the rules you read when you joined this forum.
                          pseudo-expert

Comment

Originally posted by marianchem View Post
                            I didnt' really seek help from you guys selling it on ebay, i was just "wondering" if anybody knew of any other auction site that is less censored. Im not really hard=headed in terms of trying to make top-dollar, i just dont want to end up selling it for cheap, a fair price would do. The advantage auction sites have is that you get a real good price sometimes if not most of the times, that's why there are millions and millions of members selling, from doctors and lawyers, to your average Joe. Ebay or an auction site is the way to go no doubt about that. I'm just exploring my options that's all... If i had a bunch of those plates then i might not be as consistent as i am now on an auction site, but i only have a couple...
                            I am not sure how you got the idea there were consistent prices on auction sites, get that out of your head. It is however much retard "A" will pay more than Retard "B". I remembr about 8 years ago I was selling little items there. I generally got approx $25 for Russian Front medals. This one time though some two guys who did not know anything about anything bid one up to about $150.

If you are looking for fair prices, there are a ton of legitimate websites around that sell even little plates w/swasticas on them. Look there and get your prices. Most of us here do not even mess w/selling on ebay anymore...it is too much trouble. We still look and sometimes buy but selling is a rarity for a lot of us.

Comment

Thanx fknorr for your opinion. Don Doering, what made you think i was "fishing" to sell my stuff here?!?!?! I'm only looking for advice for God's sake. Did any of my posting say that i was looking for sellers or imply that i was looking for sellers? i didnt think so. I'm college educated i know and understand the rules wherever i go. fknorr "already" suggested me selling it on the estand, i see you didnt read his first post to my thread, so i already know about the estand. You don't really have to be threatening suspending me without merit, that's wrong... Get a little bit of sense and you'll see i'm not violating any rules... people with attitudes will always have attitudes.. thanks for all the members replies, i appreciate it..

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X