Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jerry can

Hi,
    heres a water jerry can ,i knoiw they not exiting but?the shine is from wax polish that was appied to stop the rust.
    Merdock
    Last edited by merdock; 08-10-2006, 02:17 PM.

Hi Merdock, the Wasser can is a bit rarer that the conventional petrol can. I picked up a 1943 dated one in Nijmegen last year for £14 in a Army surplus store. It had been used post war as witnessed by several coats of NATO green. I stripped these off and found about 2 or 3 square inches of the original dark yellow paint I am now repainting it and will use it at living history shows as it is a sound can.
    Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Hello !!
      I would love to post pictures of mine water jerry can (but I sild my camera.. buying new one.. - I have same like Merdock - 1942 wasser.. WH.. etc. and with same manufacturer logo... It's about 80% tan paint present and has white painted crosses on sides..

That was one of my first pieces in collection - I started collecting from this can and few grenade cases which I found in my grandfathers garage about 12 years ago...
      good old times...

Comment

Great looking can! I have only a the fuel can in the standard 1941 field green color with red base paint.

Great score, I would take the wax off though. It won't rust anymore inside a house.
        Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X