This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys

Here is my waffen SS used canteen from Norway.
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

for reference sake, I thought I should post this part of a photo, was recently on ebay, bakelite or alu ?
              Attached Files

Comment

definetly bakelite

and nice candle stands - made of hgr24

Comment

I wondered why the candle stands looked familiar, I thought too bakelite, looked to have the thickness

Comment

Originally posted by gnadenlose View Post
                    RLM is probably civil aviation ministry and hasn't much to do with Luftwaffe. I cannot even read if it't R or something else in the place of first letter.
                    I had typical Luftwaffe rucksack with R.L.M. markings...

How about this canteen?
                    http://img23.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=549300424.jpg

Comment

Cup

Hello, gnadenlose,

I got exactly the same cup on a tropical canteen from the household of a
                      veteran. He brought it back from Africa; so it´s an original that you have.

Greetings

Reiner

Comment

Originally posted by ReinerMB42 View Post
                        Hello, gnadenlose,

I got exactly the same cup on a tropical canteen from the household of a
                        veteran. He brought it back from Africa; so it´s an original that you have.

Greetings

Reiner
                        Thank you, I was losing my hope

Comment

Originally posted by Stadler1988 View Post
                          I had typical Luftwaffe rucksack with R.L.M. markings...

How about this canteen?
                          http://img23.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=549300424.jpg
                          This interpretation of RLM was just my two sents, I really don't know much about the topic. It just seems logic to me, that Luftwaffe wasn't part of aviation ministry but war/defense (or whatever) ministry.

I've seen this type of canteens in ebay as DRK, I've even asked for it here in the forum, but never got any answers.

Comment

"Tiger stripes" HRE 43 canteen

Hello! I send you two photos of HRE 43 canteen. Notice please not very common (rare?) black "tiger stripes" on the web horizontal strap.

[URL="[URL=http://img863.imageshack.us/i/p1020030.jpg/][/URL]

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.us]ImageShack.us[/URL]"]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

Hey Guys,

sorry the pictures are terrible, I can get more when I'm at home from college this weekend. It says CFL 37 on the canteen and HRE 35 on the cup.

I'm wondering what CFL and HRE stands for. I know the numbers are probably the years. I'm also wondering if I have a real piece as well as what would be like an average value on this stuff... mainly so I know if I got ripped off or not.

Comment

Hello MattS,

Both your items are original. The 3 letter codes are the manufacturer codes. As for value, both are common makers, but condition is everything and the cup is an early one - 1935. I'd hang onto them as they are good and the cover isn't moth eaten.

Nice items!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 12 users online. 0 members and 12 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X