This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,
    Here's a nice early 1937 luftwaffe canteen I have.

Attached Files

Comment

They don't come any better then that for sure, thanks Jos!

I already noticed ( from your pictures in the collectors display forum) that the most of your fieldgear ( messtin, forgs, gasmaskcanisters, etc...) are really in mint condition !

that's just great, but on the other hand hard to find, no?

cheers

Jan

Comment

Black canteen cups

Hi Jan and Jos,

Good to see your bottles with the black cups. Jos, that LBA marked bottle is superb! IME, black cups are mainly a pre-war color, and your bottles help prove a point. You wouldn't believe how many times I've heard foolish dealers claim that bottles with black cups were only for the SS..

Regards,
        John
        Esse Quam Videri

Comment

CANTEENS

Here is four of my canteens the one with the green cup I matched up the cup I bought from a dealer, the only other cup I have seen was a orange one in Cyrus a lee's book Soldat vl 3 how common are these? Maker marked gfc and dated 1942 you can still buy the plastic ones in German camping shops thinner plastic and no maker on them

Rob
          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

You wouldn't believe how many times I've heard foolish dealers claim that bottles with black cups were only for the SS..
                John, I've heard similar story overhere...when I told the guy that this wasn't the case at all, he started to claim that HE was collecting over 30 years and HE had it all once and I was to young to know, blablabla...you know these type of guys...

Rob : Indeed, I've seen them also in orange, but never in that color, very interesting! Could be ersatz,no? I don't think that these cups are common...nice canteens by the way!

cheers

Jan

Comment

Hi Jan
                  Thanks for the info a very interesting colour not very tactical is it! Stands out a bit don't you think, I would not of licked to of been issued it.

Rob

Comment

Rob,

Could it be painted black once? Do you find any traces of paint on it?

As for combat action, indeed not a good color!

cheers
                    Jan

Comment

Hi Jan
                      No there is no sign of any paint on the cup, interesting that it is dated 1942 as i thought mabe these sort of odd colours may of been late war becouse of lack of pigments.

Rob

Comment

thanks Rob...

Comment

canteen

Here more canteen to compare,

Regards.

Max.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Actually, that green cup

isn't too far off from some of the greens found in SS camo. It's pretty neat none the less. My two remaining canteens are like the one of the ones Willi shows, black bakelite cup with olive felt cover and olive web strap marked esb41 (IIRC). The other has grey green felt cover, black leather straps with medium green metal cup. The "tropical" canteen is in the lower left hand corner.

Comment

For Jan and Merdock

Hello !!
                                I just read the whole thread.. and what makes me suprised is Merdock's feldflashe - the one without a cup.
                                I Think Jan You are wrong when saing that this one should have a cup - this type don't even have a strap to attach cup.
                                Here, among my fellow collectors we are calling this type "HJ" type - I have seen many photos when this type was in use by paramilitary HJ, SA members.

the one from collection

Sincerely, mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X