WW2 License plate...Help to identify and value Christmas gift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WW2 License plate...Help to identify and value Christmas gift

Greetings All ... I hope all members had a joyous and healthy Christmas. I received a surprise gift from my wife this year in the form of a WW2 German license plate. Helmets and uniforms are my main interest, so I have very little knowledge in the field of license plates. She paid a lot of money for this plate and is returnable if I do not like it, but time is a factor. I will try to post photos later, but have misplaced my camera hookup.I will describe it in hopes someone can identify and value it . It is 8.5 inches long by 5 inches wide. The top corners of the license plate are bevelled at 45 degrees. White background with 2 red circular stamps(eagle and swastica in the middle) The lettering on the license is:
    IIH
    As mentioned I will try to post photos soon ,but any help to identify and value is deeply appreciated."Thank you"
    Sincere Regards
    Zeke

Hi Guys, Zeke has just sent me the pics.

The "II H" prefix is for Upper Franconia.

Can someone help him with a value as I am guessing.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

These type of items do not come up on the market frequently so I don't know if they really have a "market value." Like any unique item, the value is whatever someone would be willing to pay. I believe license plates with these regional prefixes are civilian and likely would not be worth as much as a plate with a military prefix.

Comment

Hi Chris, you are correct about it being civilian. Here is a very useful website that I had already bookmarked:

http://www.wwiidaybyday.com/

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

WW2 License plate

Many "Thanks" to Ade for his time and expertise in explaining to me what the license was and where it had originated. Ade's thoughtfulness and genuine concern are greatly appreciated and the type of person he exemplifys is why this forum is so great.
          Sincere Regards
          Zeke

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X