Toques! Show your original ones please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toques! Show your original ones please

I am looking for a toque for a winter mannequin, i have had a look through previous threads and most photos have dissapeared or been deleted. Could a few helpful members post there toques that they know are original and maybe a few pointers!
    cheers
    mat

This is one of the handful originals I have seen in 15 years - although the green colour is not typical. Most are plain grey (not fieldgrey).
    Note that wartime ones are very thin, show the weaving-structur and feel like a modern cotton sweater.
    Most toques on the market are either postwar austrian army or german BGS - both very thick and made of quality soft wool which long "hairs", which hide the view on the weaving-pattern.
    Attached Files

Comment

I have a nice one that is just as Gran Sasso describes. I got it a few years ago from member Bob Ritz. Ill post pics tomorrow of it in good daylight. I also agree with Patricks info from what I have seen and heard. Glenn

Comment

To be honest i'm a bit challenged when it comes to knitted items. Heres my toque and from Gran Sassos description I guess it could be real. Can't remember when or where I picked it up. WR Jim

Front
        Attached Files

Comment

its pretty loosely knitted.You can actually see through it.
          Attached Files

Comment

Heres my second one. Again I wouldn't swear on its originality but it certainly fits Gran Sassos description of an original. Its different then the first one shown.Its a darker grey and softer to the touch. Might even be a slightly different knit. Like the first one the knit is loose. Front
            Attached Files

Comment

back
              Attached Files

Comment

Very good information thanks guys, the one i have seen apears to be field grey

Comment

hi,

I ve got two in used condition, grey in color, what kind off grey i don,t now, i think plain, but mayby one off you can tell my that..
                  They are thin, you can see the weaving structur, the daeler told my that they
                  are luftwaffe issue...

cheers, andre

Comment

here is my toque. I threw my gloves in the pic as a reference to color and thickness. I am not great with colors but my Wife told me that the toque is actually greenish with tints of grey. this can now be seen in these pics with the gloves. I still feel the toque is a genuine one as it is very thin and was suppose to come from a duffle bag full of WWII German articles. but I of course would like to hear others comments as if someone knows something about this piece (good or bad) I would like to know. I dont like any post war articles in my collection. Glenn
                    Last edited by Glenn Barbaritz; 12-23-2006, 02:45 PM. Reason: spelling correction

Comment

Last edited by Glenn Barbaritz; 12-23-2006, 02:42 PM.

Comment

outside
                        Attached Files

Comment

inside out
                          Attached Files

Comment

close up of outside
                            Attached Files

Comment

bad pic, skip this post

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X