Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is a M44 with Insignias original on there, minus the Idiot Ribbon and Loop what is now gone. What you understand under Textbook i have no Idea. As far as i know there where countless Different Factorys who made them, so what is then a "Textbook" M44 Tunic? Different Lining, different Material,different Stamp? Or is there a pre1945 List called Textbook where i can look at one? Are the brown M44 Textbook, the Gray the Green? SS BW the way to go? I really don't know with a M44. I look at a Tunic, check if the Insignias are period on the Tunic and if the construction is something i can live with. If that all fits, for me the Tunic is untouched. M44 i never liked, the only one are the M44 made out of this type of wool, for me the most important Part, since you dont' have any Coat you would be able to build it from. Of course there are now 100 ways to argue about what is untouched, since Effects can be handsewn, maschine sewn ect....i have it in hands, and for me it has the Effects on there since the War, i can't find a single Trace anything was restored or removed and resewn. The Eagle has a 2 mm hole and the Wool behind it as well, that is all there is. Weitze and Co asking around 4,5K to 5K for a Thing like this in that Condition. I went 1K below that and to me that was a fair Price for what you get. I would have keept it, but i collect GBJ, so what i do with it? Trade it against something what fits better, more i didn't want.

QUOTE=Daniel.S;8614575]Is it a 100% textbook SS m44 tunic?

Have you seen another one in this config?[/QUOTE]
    WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Easy to understand why collectors are upset. Are you saying another collector bought the tunic in the three or four weeks since it was sold and then you bought and resold it? And the ribbon needed resewing after the first collector attached it?

You seem focused on whether it is original and if it's a fair price, which no one is arguing. The issue is claiming something is untouched, when you or another person in the last few weeks added two combat decorations.

I'm not sure where all the attitude is coming from.

s/f Robert

Comment

Robert, "my cup runneth over".

I can not authenticate this tunic, and I never claimed it was a fake. Enough of the deflection.

Are you saying Antonio sold the tunic a few weeks ago to a collector, who then sent the tunic to the tailor you know in Hamburg to add the ribbon and the loops, and then you bought the tunic without knowing what was added? All within a couple of weeks? On another thread you stated you recognized the work of that tailor on that other SS tunic offered on the E-Stand, merely by looking at the loops. Now you are saying you did not recognize the work on this tunic?

Please spare me and stop playing everyone for a fool. I know you will respond in the typical manner.... don't bother.

Will not specify in public the administrative action that has been taken, and that might still be taken. Enough!
        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Good, and i still claim it is untouched, now with that bloddy Ribbon and Loop down.I would have removed as i already wrote, more i can't say to that. If anyone is now upset over that....so it be. Can't change that anymore or hang myself over it. I sell very rare anything, and when i do then always with not a Cent of Profit, and almost everytime i want a Trade over a Sell. If it makes anyone more happy, i can put it up in the Bazaar Section for the Price of Parts, to not see that Thing anymore, no Problem at all.

Originally posted by RobertE View Post
          Easy to understand why collectors are upset. Are you saying another collector bought the tunic in the three or four weeks since it was sold and then you bought and resold it? And the ribbon needed resewing after the first collector attached it?

You seem focused on whether it is original and if it's a fair price, which no one is arguing. The issue is claiming something is untouched, when you or another person in the last few weeks added two combat decorations.

I'm not sure where all the attitude is coming from.

s/f Robert

Comment

I didn't say anything. You don't need a Tailor to add a Loop or a Ribbon, my Grandma can do that in 20 Min. And that noone ever knows when it comes to a Ribbon and a single Loop on a heavy Wool Tunic......

And to the Rest, fair enough, i see no reason to argue with someone 8000 Miles away who i dont know, not gain anything from that. Virtual World nothing else. So no worries, my so called typical Manner stays in my Pocket. You got a PM with a apologize that i didn't took care enough, more i can't do. Have a nice Day!

Originally posted by Willi Z. View Post
            Robert, "my cup runneth over".

I can not authenticate this tunic, and I never claimed it was a fake. Enough of the deflection.

Are you saying Antonio sold the tunic a few weeks ago to a collector, who then sent the tunic to the tailor you know in Hamburg to add the ribbon and the loops, and then you bought the tunic without knowing what was added? All within a couple of weeks? On another thread you stated you recognized the work of that tailor on that other SS tunic offered on the E-Stand, merely by looking at the loops. Now you are saying you did not recognize the work on this tunic?

Please spare me and stop playing everyone for a fool. I know you will respond in the typical manner.... don't bother.

Will not specify in public the administrative action that has been taken, and that might still be taken. Enough!

Comment

The choice was yours.

How deeply disappointing. This matter is now closed.

If anyone desires to discuss the authenticity of the tunic, please open another thread.
              Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X