A totally untouched used tunic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A totally untouched used tunic?

I visit this forum quite a bit and don't remembering seeing a fully untouched (used) tunic with rock solid provenance. Anyone mind sharing an example they know of?

There were few posted on that forum in the past.

Jack

Comment

Just wanted to post some WH and LW Tunics, now i see you mean SS Will make a few Pictures and post them. Real untouched, i have 2. SS and untouched is not working well together. 99% of SS Tunics at last something will be resewn.
      Last edited by AntiqueWW2; 12-29-2019, 08:00 PM.
      WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

There is really a Solid rock provenance:
        - a period pic? (Could make a good job)
        - a story certified?
        - a German vet found?

Quite always is a question of believe also if you have top story and rock provenance.
        Mr Skorzeny sold him dkig 3 or 4 times for example.

Comment

Otto sold his DK 5 Times, and several Times all kind of engraved Crap. Was good Money for him, not so much for the Buyer

Originally posted by viva_giulio View Post
          There is really a Solid rock provenance:
          - a period pic? (Could make a good job)
          - a story certified?
          - a German vet found?

Quite always is a question of believe also if you have top story and rock provenance.
          Mr Skorzeny sold him dkig 3 or 4 times for example.

Comment

Here is one which is 100% untouched:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...light=Estonian

Comment

Originally posted by Sturmmann View Post
              Here is one which is 100% untouched:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...light=Estonian
              exactly what I was referring to. Thanks for posting it.

Comment

Originally posted by Der Texaner View Post
                I visit this forum quite a bit and don't remembering seeing a fully untouched (used) tunic with rock solid provenance. Anyone mind sharing an example they know of?
                You’ll find out that owners of such an uniform will not be eager to post their treasure here or anywhere else online.
                Can’t blame them also.

Comment

1+

Originally posted by rob nl View Post
                  you’ll find out that owners of such an uniform will not be eager to post their treasure here or anywhere else online.
                  Can’t blame them also.

Comment

Originally posted by rob nl View Post
                    you’ll find out that owners of such an uniform will not be eager to post their treasure here or anywhere else online.
                    Can’t blame them also.
                    +2

Comment

The untouched tunic from the 2018 SOS show. Was being offered at $18,000.00 because of chain of custody and providence proving it. Inadvertently sold by a table helper for $1800.00. A 23 page thread on WAF regarding the incident.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JR. View Post
                        The untouched tunic from the 2018 SOS show. Was being offered at $18,000.00 because of chain of custody and providence proving it. Inadvertently sold by a table helper for $1800.00. A 23 page thread on WAF regarding the incident.
                        A painful story to read about. The seller should never have left anyone in charge without clarifying the numbers. And the guy who made off with it absolutely did not sell it in the parking lot at some minor profit. My ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Der Texaner View Post
                          Here's one. Given to me many years ago by the only sister of the brother who was killed in Russia. She had two homes, one in the US and one in Germany and was permanently retiring to the US with her husband (a German engineer who worked for GE) and was closing out the (family) home in Germany. She and her husband had been my clients for many years and knew how interested I was in these things. This is the only Heer officer in my collection.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I think he mean only SS Tunics If he wants Heer, i can post until tomorrow

Originally posted by Leroy View Post
                            Here's one. Given to me many years ago by the only sister of the brother who was killed in Russia. She had two homes, one in the US and one in Germany and was permanently retiring to the US with her husband (a German engineer who worked for GE) and was closing out the (family) home in Germany. She and her husband had been my clients for many years and knew how interested I was in these things. This is the only Heer officer in my collection.

Comment

I wasn't even looking what section this was in. Sorry.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X