RODO SS Buckle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vladislav View Post
    Buckle rodo find in the ground very often they are found in places of a dislocation of the Latvian legionaries.I did not find it myself I know it from the words of archaeologists
    That is very interesting thank you.
    Their SS legion appears to have been created in 1943, which was around the time this particular buckle most likely was manufactured (late war).
    Is there any source material you could reccomend to read about these particular archeologists, or have you spoken to them personally?

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by Lj90 View Post
      That is very interesting thank you.
      Their SS legion appears to have been created in 1943, which was around the time this particular buckle most likely was manufactured (late war).
      Is there any source material you could reccomend to read about these particular archeologists, or have you spoken to them personally?

Thanks again
      On Russians forums often show objects from land. the findings of rodo buckles they are all made on the Panther line This is the Pskov region and the border of Estonia.Can be somewhere found still but tendetsiya these findings precisely such a...

Comment

The basic timeline for SS buckles was nickel were produced till 1936. Aluminum from 1937-1940. Steel and zinc from 1940-1945. Ground dug examples prove all types were used till the end of the war.

I believe all RODO buckles were painted a shade of green and a few late war buckles were painted a blue black color. It is hard to find a RODO buckle with a lot of the original paint. Most are worn down to bare steel on the front but you can usually find a little paint on the backside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I'm sure the German SS got these buckles too it's more to do with military supplies

Comment

Originally posted by Vladislav View Post
            On Russians forums often show objects from land. the findings of rodo buckles they are all made on the Panther line This is the Pskov region and the border of Estonia.Can be somewhere found still but tendetsiya these findings precisely such a...
            Is there a possibility that RODO distributed their green buckles directly to units in this area, hence the abundance of ground dug examples in this region?
            I don't know if RODO was producing these green buckles for the Waffen SS early on in the war or wether they started producing these specific buckles (RODO stamped green) later on.
            Would be great to narrow down if these RODO's were most likely made and shipped to WSS that were non-german. This would explain the lack of German soldiers in the WSS wearing them in period photos.
            Last edited by Lj90; 11-03-2019, 05:17 AM.

Comment

Is there a possibility that RODO distributed their green buckles directly to units in this area, hence the abundance of ground dug examples in this region?
              I don't know if RODO was producing these green buckles for the Waffen SS early on in the war or wether they started producing these specific buckles (RODO stamped green) later on.
              Would be great to narrow down if these RODO's were most likely made and shipped to WSS that were non-german. This would explain the lack of German soldiers in the WSS wearing them in period photos.
              None of us were there, but I can safely say that the scenario outlined above was not the case.
              What was the case (more for Heer perhaps than W-SS) is that certain makers, for every type of item not just buckles of course, shipped to specified depots. This relationship was based mainly on proximity. For the same reason specific depots equipped certain units and or areas of operations.

Comment

It all depends on the supply chain.for example I know for a fact that on the Volkhov front always find German helmets ET and never find the SE SE is always in the Ukraine.

Comment

Great info guys thank you.
                  So it's established the buckle is Waffen SS issued, was manufactured in the late war period and manufactured in Germany.
                  We have people saying these RODO buckles (which like the example I posted are mostly green) are excavated predominantly in the area of the panther line (Eastern front).

Is it then fair to speculate that RODO supplied these late war buckles all the way to WSS on the Eastern front (mainly due to the ground dug examples being found there)? I'm sure they could have found their way to other WSS units, but they appear to be discovered more so in the east.
                  I'm just trying to establish wether RODO has any specific contracts to ship them to the Eastern WSS units.
                  Last edited by Lj90; 11-03-2019, 12:09 PM.

Comment

To this we can add that the manufacturer of these buckles Robert Dold was one of the few firms that did not have a license RZM

Comment

Colleague It's just observation of those who are engaged in military archaeology.I don't think it is worth to conclude that all the buckles of the RODO were delivered to the Eastern battalions of the SS.

Comment

No worries, thank you for all your help.

Comment

No worries, thank you for all your help.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X